Discharged. Thanks to All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged. Thanks to All

Thanks to all for your advise on this site and for sharing your situations. It has been a source of comfort and strength going through this process.

Filed 9/30/09. 341 Hearing 11/3/09. Discharged 1/5/10.

Deciding to file bankruptcy was a very hard and personal decision. Initially I called a debt management company and they said, we can't help you and directed me to bk attorney's in my area. As with a lot of others, I never thought I'd be in this situation. I've always had an excellent credit score (between 790-815). But bankruptcy is a tool that I used to resolve my situation. It was the right decision. Going through the final course, I remember the statement "A Fresh Start" and that is just what it is.

I had a ton of debt about $800K, business and personal debt (mostly business debt). But I kept one property that has a mortgage and HELOC that are current and never late and I did not reaffirm. I'm also paying back a 401K loan and student loan.

It really was an emotionally draining experience. When I say emotional, I mean being angry, scared and depressed. I was angry for being in this situation, but I made the decisions that got me into this and I take responsibility for it. Fear and scared from the constant calls from creditors and some that I talked to would call back hours later. The creditors were ruthless, some worse than others.

My worst experience; Creditors calling my mom and my sister. Then getting sued after I had already filed. But I had a great attorney and he resolved the matter and the creditor had to pay a fee for violating the automatic stay.

The best tool; Google voice, it's free; Unlisted home phone with unlimited long distance and Prepaid phone. I cancelled my cell phone and now use a prepaid phone instead.

Credit is nice to have, but what I've learned from this experience is that I don't need it. It's better to stick to a budget and savings to buy bigger things over time instead of getting it now. I know that I'll appreciate it more.

Finally, through this process it made me realize that God is there and to have faith.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a way to start the week. This is your New Start in a New HEALING Year! Here you go:

PS: Please stick around and help others by telling your experiences. Thanks!!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the video, cute.

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story...a nice reminder to others that "there's hope"!! Enjoy your fresh start!
        *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Nice post good luck.
            Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
            341 Meeting 01/20/2010
            Discharged 3/22/2010
            Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement Congrats on your fresh start!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X