Medical Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bills

I know I am out of luck but thought I would ask anyway you never know.....I just spent a week in the hospital and have a 14,000 medical bill. I am awaiting discharge....I do not think that bill is am to be added in. I am not attempting to commit fraud but just had that question. I also wonder if I could claim any kind of hardship and the trustee might allow me to keep a possible inheritance of 6,000 to pay for this bill...I know..I am dreaming....

This is post petition debt and can't be discharged in your Chapter 7 filing.

What do you mean by possible inheritence?

Comment

I was truthful and listed it on my schedules that I stand to inherit 6,000 in real estate from my aunts estate. This converted me to an asset case. I wonder if I could petition the court to try to get that money to pay this medical bill...I know I am grasping but you never know until you try.

Comment

What you may be able to do is to arrange a settlement with the medical provider. I know I'd sure try to do that.

Comment

I think I'd plead your hardship to the hospital first, see what they can do for you in terms of charity care or payment arrangement. Are you sure you're the only one eligible for that inheritance? Are there any other heirs who would take it off your hands, since you're not going to see dime one anyway? Just a thought, probably too late.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I guess I will throw myself on the mercy of the hospital. LOL!!! I figured the BK court has none.... They are sure looking out for the creditors...no mistake about that. Thanks to all for your input

Comment

Definitely speak to your hospital. It's too late to include it in your BK.
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X