top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing: do CC banks' mailing addresses need to be listed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing: do CC banks' mailing addresses need to be listed?

I've paid my BK lawyer and Chapter 7 filing is soon to follow. He had the names of my several credit card banks that I've defaulted on. My question is, does my lawyer need to have some official mailing address for each credit card bank? Does the creditors' address have to be listed if it's a well known bank, like Discover, Chase, etc?

Or does the lawyer merely need to know the credit card bank's name and my account number?

Also, does the lawyer need copies of final invoices that I owe each bank...is that necessary for filing?

Thanks.

Your lawyer will need to know, as best as you do, how much you owe each.

Addresses do need to be included, yes. However, for large banks, they often have a specific address they like bankruptcy notifications to go to, and your lawyer probably already knows those addresses.

(Our court's local rules even included things like what address to give for the IRS!)

Comment

Yes, you need the addresses. Without it, you can't complete the mailing matrix that must be filed with the petition.
      Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

Yes, I agree with aljohnson you will need to provide all creditors addresses. You will also need to provide the account numbers, and balances. I was also asked to provide the date when the charges were incurred. I didn't have to provide any copies of statements.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X