top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find BK Dept. mailing addresses for major CC companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find BK Dept. mailing addresses for major CC companies?

I know this sounds like a ridiculously naive question, but I want to know how to find the Bankruptcy Department mailing addresses for Discover, Chase, and Bank of America.

There's nothing on their websites offering this info...I checked. I'll call their customer service people tomorrow, but I'm not convinced I'll get accurate information, because so much of what their telephone people have said recently has been incomplete, erroneous, or in some cases even hostile and contemptuous.

Thanks.

You don't need the bk dept address for filing. If you have a copy of your bill. There should be two addresses. Use the correspondence address. Then in the mailing list use both addresses.

You'd only need the bk dept. if you are planning to reaffirm.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Ditto what JR said. I used the addresses that were on my old statements.

For companies that had never sent correspondence (collection companies), I found their website and used the contact info there.

Comment

Yes, for most of them I checked their investor relations stuff on their corporate website to see where their HQ was and included that address on the mailing matrix. Also, I noticed that some had sent bills (I think GE Money Bank was one) where the small print on the back gave their bankruptcy correspondence address.

Comment

I would probably put addresses listed on domain registration records, addresses on SEC filings, etc.
          C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
          Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X