Attorney signed reaffirmation agreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney signed reaffirmation agreements

Everyone on here for the most part indicates a ride through is the way to go, but we did reaffirm our house and 1 vehicle because of our preferences. Anyway, I was surprised that my attorney signed them with no comments or anything. I really think he may be one of the dabblers in personal BK's and in reality their firm does more corporate BK work. Just curious if anyone else had their attorney sign with no questions?
    Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
    UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
    Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Our attorney signed ours with no problem. He just wanted to make sure we had the money left over to make the debt first.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Our attorney signed ours for a fee of $125.00. He just said "can you afford it" and it was done.

Comment

We are in Michigan. I just left an hour meeting with my lawyer, the banks lawyer. We are current and they sent us to foreclosure this week stating sign or foreclose stating BK is a violation of their mortgage note, your option, No settlements, no mod, no nothing sign or we foreclose. They are a smaller bank and don't have a ton of proprieties right now. I was also told the people that are doing pay and stay that their day will come once things return to normal they too will be given the same choice. There are two many properties to push the hand right now, but don't think you can pay and stay for ever either.
        Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
        341 Meeting 01/20/2010
        Discharged 3/22/2010
        Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

That's one of the things I worried about that eventually they would find some legal way to have the ride through option cause you problems. I don't forsee any reason that I will have issue making the payments....although most probably don't, just didn't want to risk it and my house is not upside down.
          Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
          UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
          Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

I reaffirmed and our attorney didn't ask any questions or charge for it. We were suppose to be discharged on the 21st but looking at pacer there is something in reference to extending the reaffirm filing. I am wondering if this is what is stalling the discharge. It is a continued waiting game I guess.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X