What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

I pulled my credit report and the car loan for the car that we are surrendering in our bankruptcy says: Charged Off --- In bankruptcy. I have been waiting and waiting for them to call me or come get it. But, I haven't heard anything. Does this mean they may not come get it since its charged off?
    Chapter 13 Convert to 7 ---- 10/7/09 - loss of income
    341 Meeting ----12/03/09
    Last day for objections --- 2/1/10
    Discharged ---- 02/3/10 Closed ---- 2/3/10

Showing included in bankruptcy on your credit report is correct. The automatic stay prevents them from contacting you or repossessing the car. Once your BK is discharged and the automatic stay lifted they will eventually come get the car.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Charged off is only a bookkeeping term so that they can equate their losses and gains. It does not let you off the hook for the mortgage or the car. Pay through you might keep the car otherwise they will own it. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X