Intent to compromise and tax refund question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intent to compromise and tax refund question

I received a Notice of Intent To Compromise from my trustee. There was a mess with my engagement ring- 3/4 carat platinum ring bought a long time ago..........anyhow, I am now paying $3000 to keep it.

My question is about my tax return though. Trustee also wants "303/365ths" of it. I filed single though, without my spouse- so that only pertains to 50% off the amount, right? I am trying to get a hold of my lawyer- just thought someone could offer some quick assistance!
    Last edited by dr123; 02-03-2010, 12:06 PM.

Glad you asked this...I'm in the same boat. Filing individually and expecting a big refund. Not only do I think one half should remain with my husband, but I also am wondering since he made 95% of the income last year why my attorney couldn't argue that 95% of the refund is his. Does that logic make sense or am I just wishful thinking?

I was planning on filing BK March 1, filing and getting the refund mid-March to April (after filing BK), then spending half of it catching up on household bills and paying down some of my husband's credit cards. Do you think this will be an issue? Worst case the trustee will just ask us to pay it back, right?

Comment

nevermind! misread the OP!
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

If you filed single then I would think the trustee wants 303/365th's of Your portion but I could be wrong. You definitely need to ask your lawyer before you file.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X