Car payment in chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car payment in chapter 7

We had our 341 back in December and we reaffirmed the car. In the meantime, I've been trying to log into the Capital One website to make a payment and it hasn't been letting me. So, I call Cap One. I can't get a person on the line because it goes right into a message telling me to call Ascension Capital. Lawyer tells me they must handle BK cases for Capital One Auto Finance so I wait for a statement from them but one never came. I called them today and they wouldn't discuss anything with me because the car is in hubby's name. The only thing she did tell me is that we wouldn't get statements while in a Chapter 7. I asked her how I would make a payment or get a statement or SOMETHING to show what I was paying and she just told me she couldn't talk to me until she had the authorization letter in hand. So, we fax them the authorization letter and I called 4 times and it goes to voicemail.

What happens with payments due while we are waiting for discharge? I have nothing in writing from Cap One stating they handed this to Ascension Capital. I have nothing from Ascension Capital telling me money is due or where to send it. I googled them and read horror stories about them so I'm concerned about sending money when I have no paperwork! I'm thinking if I just send a paper check to Capital One, they will cash it. I don't think I'm messing up anything if I do that. I just don't want the car to get repossessed. We were current going into the BK and that's why I was shocked when it was handed off to Ascension. Advice?

I read the horror stories online about Ascension Capital, but have had no issues whatsoever making payments with them over the phone since they took over my account. They also send me payments confirmations after making a payments. Soon after filing BK they asked to receive all notifications about my BK. They told me my account would be transferred back to Capital One after discharge.

I think all Capital One Auto Finance BK accounts to Ascension Capital after filing.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Ascension Capital Sucks

You have to start paying them directly. Keep calling and eventually when you finally get a live person they will give you a mailing address to send the payment to. The problem is getting a live person. They rarely answer the phone or return voice mail calls.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X