Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 84 and no discharge????

Hi,
    I had my 341 on 11/13 and the last day for objections was 1/12. No discharge yet. I called the clerk today and she said that this may have been an oversight or they may be waiting for something to discharge it. My case was totally cut and dry. I have no assets or anything and no additional information was requested from the trustee. I am concerned because I saw that people with 341's after me have been discharged. And I see ones before me still are not discharged. She said different people work on different cases and she would pull my file and let the person who works on it know. I hope that I did not overstep my boundaries by calling. What does everyone think? Is this something to be concerned over? My attorney has been absolutely no help at all. I called my paralegal and she basically told me that they have no control over the discharge and that I needed to wait until they decided they were good and ready to discharge me. I took it upon myself to call the clerk. Any ideas.

Have you done your post filing Financial Education Course?

All you can do is call the Clerk.

Comment

what state / district are you in? calling the clerk should not be a problem, you are asking nicely and it's normal to b concerned. all due dates have passed and if there's a reason that's holding the discharge I think you have the right to know. If the clerk is not of any help, this is the part where you need to ask your attorney to find out from the trustee.
      This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

It just depends, we took almost 120 days to discharge. I kept calling the clerks who were very nice, but are in overwhelm. I would call the Clerk, but you will see your discharge soon on Pacer.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X