Very Odd Feeling after 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Odd Feeling after 341

Did anyone else experience this very odd feeling after their 341. Mine went very well, but it just feels sort of anti climatic or something. Just wierd now to think that it's almost over and one day you have all of this debt and worry, and then now you don't. Very strange!

I think it's just that people build it up so much in their own minds.

There was a comment in the debt collection thread the other day that debt collection isn't personal, just business.

BK isn't personal, just business. That's the way that everyone else treats it, so filers should too.
    So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
    Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
    Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
    And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

I agree with Dst1, it Isn't personal, it's a business. You're making a business decision to move you into a better place so to speak. So take a deep breath and feel releaved your 341 went smooth.

Comment

I think the letdown is caused by the name of the meeting 'Meeting of Creditors'. If I don't tell my clients that nobody is probably going to show up, then they think there will be a representative of each of their creditors to meet and talk about how much money she owes them and laugh at her.

The only time I've had creditors show up is when it's a debt owed to an individual or a very small business - then the payment of that debt is actually important to their business and livelihood.

The most interesting one I had was a woman who had been harassing the $#%* out of my client before I came into the picture, showed up with a mechanic's lien and a small claims default judgment against my client. She lied on the application for a mechanic's lien to get it because it wasn't for services performed on the house, and the default judgment was obtained after the client filed BK but before retaining me. The trustee even told her that the 341 meeting was for actual questions not statements about [stupid crap]. A friend of mine went after me and she called me later that day and told me that her client was terrified of the 341 since she thought her's was going to be just like my client's 341 :-)

--William
        I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
        As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

My 341 was uneventful, but I did see some magnificent examples of how people can royally screw themselves.

I wrote about it for the bkforum. If you are curious about how nasty they can get, at least for people who appear dishonest, search the forum for "brutal 341". It is amusing, in a macabre fashion-and only then because we are not the people being grilled.
          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I really think the bulk of the BK intensity rests in deciding to file. My 341 was anti-climatic and the sixty days that followed were seemingly warp speed.
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

I agree with Hakuna Matata except that my sixty days dragged out and beyond, but still ended on a good note. It was mostly because my case was left lagging out there, only to be roped back in after I finally called the tt's office and questioned it to the staff person. The districts and cases are not the same anyways with case loads and all.
              Personally, I have learned patience, and since the case did dragged out, I was able to really think about how we got here in the first place. When I started this, I felt shame. I still feel it, but being in control of my financial future is the key of reducing the shame a bit.
              We all have our stories to tell, and I am thankful for bk program, and this forum that helped me appreciate our freedom to take on debt, and also to keep away from it. Whether we made the choice, or it couldn't be avoided brought all of us here.
              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
                I really think the bulk of the BK intensity rests in deciding to file. My 341 was anti-climatic and the sixty days that followed were seemingly warp speed.
                Another brilliant post! All of the stress typically precedes the decision to file and the meeting with an attorney.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X