update on my case - trustee's final report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on my case - trustee's final report

Well I just got home from long flight from San Francisco, and I checked Pacer and my trustee has filed his final report.

I think this means my case should close soon! I just wanted to post an update to keep my history complete for the archives.

Any thoughts? How long do you think it will be before my case finally closes?
    Last edited by backtoschool; 02-05-2010, 05:14 PM.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

So, I checked pacer again just now, and there are three documents that were filed. The Trustee;s final report, which is a series of spreadsheets, a notice to creditors of the trustee's final report, and the trustee's application for compensation.

It says in the notice of trustee's final report that creditors have 21 days to object to the final report. Does that mean in three weeks my case will close?

Comment

It means in 3 weeks creditors lose their right to object to the final report.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Wow, OF, you are so helpful!

Hang in ther BTS...our celebration is imminent!!
        *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
          Wow, OF, you are so helpful!

Hang in ther BTS...our celebration is imminent!!
          OF is often helpful to me in just the way displayed above.

I can't wait until we go party away our former insolvency.

What is so amusing to me about my case, is that the trustee filed his final report, and has paid my $1k asset to the creditors. He totally missed my 10k tax return, and is not going to take it. I have already filed my taxes and my tax return showed up in my bank account today.

Comment

My only response...YOU'RE BUYING!

(Direct from the chica who just officially landed on the pre-foreclosure front!).
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Comment

My only response...YOU'RE BUYING!

(Direct from the chica who just officially landed on the pre-foreclosure front!).
              You're on! Get your liver ready.

Comment

Whew. I have a liver! (Almost sold it to pay creditors).

Comment

I'll use part of my tax refund to buy it back for you if you did sell it so that we can go partying.

Comment

HA HA HA HA! OK, I REALLY needed that! Good one Hakuna! I couldn't let that one go without a reply.

Good Luck BTS! It sounds like you are approaching the end and will be getting some much needed relief. Here's to hoping the creditor's keep their objections to themselves.
                    Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
                    341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
                    Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

What is so amusing to me about my case, is that the trustee filed his final report, and has paid my $1k asset to the creditors. He totally missed my 10k tax return, and is not going to take it. I have already filed my taxes and my tax return showed up in my bank account today.
                      So, you filed your taxes after discharge, but before your bk was closed and there wasn't a delay? I've seen a couple people post that their tax return was held and delayed by the IRS, but I'm guessing that's because they filed their taxes before they were discharged. I'm hoping to be discharged the end of this month and figured I'd file my taxes after discharge (since my trustee never said he wanted it). And I'm hoping to not have it delayed and get it in the 8 days (or whatever the standard is).

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg View Post
                        So, you filed your taxes after discharge, but before your bk was closed and there wasn't a delay? I've seen a couple people post that their tax return was held and delayed by the IRS, but I'm guessing that's because they filed their taxes before they were discharged. I'm hoping to be discharged the end of this month and figured I'd file my taxes after discharge (since my trustee never said he wanted it). And I'm hoping to not have it delayed and get it in the 8 days (or whatever the standard is).
                        Yes tdawg that is correct. I filed my taxes after my discharge but before my case closed. I filed electronically, and the refund was deposited slightly less than two weeks later.

Comment

I know you await my sage advice with bated breath!
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yes tdawg that is correct. I filed my taxes after my discharge but before my case closed. I filed electronically, and the refund was deposited slightly less than two weeks later.
                            Had Elmer Fudd understood your income from the early part of the year was what was going to create your refund windfall he may have looked closer at you. He saw someone collecting unemployment and didn't see an opportunity. Perhaps your demure style in front of ol' Elmer threw him off his game.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                              I know you await my sage advice with bated breath!
                              Actually, I enjoy your "sage advice". You know I do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X