Chapter 7 BK and Pacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 BK and Pacer Question

I filed Chap. 7 and already had my meeting with the creditors. The trustee left the case open that day as he was running late because of bad weather. It seemed he was rushing through everyone's case, but left all of them open so he could further review them. I have been checking pacer to see any updates, and the last thing that has been posted was yesterday. It stated BNC Certificate of Mailing. What exactly does this mean? I have also completed my financial management course as well. Just wondering what the certificate of mailing means? New to all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you open up the document on PACER and read it? How long has it been since your 341 meeting? If it's been more then 60 days the mailing could be your order of discharge.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

I didn't open the document. I just read this on the history/document tab. This was only one page. My meeting was on 1-26-10.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy79 View Post
        I filed Chap. 7 and already had my meeting with the creditors. The trustee left the case open that day as he was running late because of bad weather. It seemed he was rushing through everyone's case, but left all of them open so he could further review them. I have been checking pacer to see any updates, and the last thing that has been posted was yesterday. It stated BNC Certificate of Mailing. What exactly does this mean? I have also completed my financial management course as well. Just wondering what the certificate of mailing means? New to all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
        My BNC Certificate of Mailing was a notice that I got that stated that I had to do my financial management course before filing if I remember correctly. I think it's just a standard thing that they send out.

Comment

Does PACER show that your pre discharge financial management certificate was filed? If not, tdawg is probably correct about the mailing.
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

We had our 341 on 12-4-09. Where can I track the progress on Pacer? I entered my case number in a search and got nothing. We have another hearing though to answer trustees objection to exemptions but I do not know that he is specifically objecting to.

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
              Does PACER show that your pre discharge financial management certificate was filed? If not, tdawg is probably correct about the mailing.
              It showed that I needed to do my pre discharge financial management course. So I did. And the next thing that it showed was the BNC certificate of mailing.

Comment

It showed that I needed to do my pre discharge financial management course. So I did. And the next thing that it showed was the BNC certificate of mailing.
                Does PACER show it like this?

"Notice of Financial Management and/or Domestic Support Obligation Certificate"

After that it shows the BNC Certificate of Mailing?

If your certificate was filed you should have this line.

"Financial Management Course Certificate"

Comment

Does PACER show it like this?

"Notice of Financial Management and/or Domestic Support Obligation Certificate"

After that it shows the BNC Certificate of Mailing?

If your certificate was filed you should have this line.

I doesn't show anything after the BNC Certificate of Mailing.

Comment

I doesn't show anything after the BNC Certificate of Mailing.
                    If you are missing the line below I would think your certificate has not been filed. When did you complete the second course and did you provide your attorney with a copy of the certificate?

Comment

If you are missing the line below I would think your certificate has not been filed. When did you complete the second course and did you provide your attorney with a copy of the certificate?

I just completed it a couple of days ago. I will contact my attorney to see if he got his copy of the certificate. That could be what it is. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlyn View Post
                        We had our 341 on 12-4-09. Where can I track the progress on Pacer? I entered my case number in a search and got nothing. We have another hearing though to answer trustees objection to exemptions but I do not know that he is specifically objecting to.
                        If I remember correctly, when I first set up my PACER account I had to select District of Colorado somehow or I had the same problem as you.

Comment

I just completed it a couple of days ago. I will contact my attorney to see if he got his copy of the certificate. That could be what it is. Thanks for all the help.
                          FYI, 2 weeks after I completed it and sent my certificate to my attorney, it still hadn't been filed. So, I sent them an email asking them if they had a chance to file it yet and that I had gotten a letter from the court stating that it needed to be filed within x days after my 341, and they filed in the next day. I didn't want to be rude, but I also wanted to make sure they got it filed. So, I'm guessing your attorney hasn't filed it yet, but with gentle prodding will.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlyn View Post
                            You should just be able to enter your social security number to find your case. As limpdisc indicated you may need to make sure you are in the right district. Once logged in go to Utilities and select Court Information link. This will tell you what court your account is associated with.
                            Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Ok am I blind? Here is the court page all my paper work states I am associated with. Where can I look for any information on my case?

I think I am officially brain dead from all of this stress. This forum is informative but it has also made me worry about things I wasn't worried about before! I need a drink!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X