Pa school/property tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pa school/property tax

We are in the process of filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Already filed actually and will have our 341 meeting next wk. We haven't paid our mortgage in a while, at least 6 months. My question is about the taxes that are normally paid through our mortgage company. When they come due I'm guessing they won't get paid since we haven't made any payments for them to have the money to pay the taxes? Or do they pay them anyway? If they don't pay them are we then responsible for them since I'm sure they can't be written off in bankruptcy. Our one tax alone is almost $4,000. We are giving up the house in the bankruptcy too if that matters. Thanks.
    Last edited by housepoor; 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM.

Chances are they will pay...

The chances are good they will pay anyway cause a tax lien on your property will supercede the mortgage lien. Then they won't be able to auction the property after foreclosure til the tax lien is paid.
    Filed Chapter 7 (no asset): 10/16/09
    341 Meeting: 12/1/09
    Last day for objections: 2/1/10
    Discharged: 2/2/10

Comment

Thanks I was worried about that.

Comment

Forget about the taxes unless you decide to keep the house.
        Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

We're giving it up so I'm glad we won't be on the hook for the taxes. Thanks everyone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X