Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement by Chase Bank USA

Hello:

I hope someone can give me some insight. In July 2009 I was supposedly served by Chase Bank regarding a judgment. I was recovering from surgery and on crutches and was never served. I did not find out about judgment until after Chase had won by default, since I did not show up to court.

I made payment arrangements with them since at the time, my husband was adamant about not filing for bankruptcy. We made payments to them and have now stopped per our lawyers instruction. We are in the process still of filing and the lawyer at Chase handling our case said that they will enforce the judgment until they receive word from the court that we filed.

In California, how quick will that go, knowing that Chase already has the paperwork for judgment. Anyone know where I can go to read up on exactly what they can take property wise and bank accounts. This has totally stressed me out to know that we need to get moving and papers filed before anything is done by them. I'm getting things together as fast as I can. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
    Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
    341 Done - Middle of May 2010
    Discharged - July 14, 2010

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X