top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all those in the process or thinking BK - read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISMAEL627 View Post
    in the process of filing, maybe 2 weeks out but my wife's mother just this past week gifted her $7,500.00 for new car since her's was repo'd. I am thinking this money may cause problems with our filing?
    I had to reply without even finishing this thread. GIVE IT BACK and know NOTHING of it. That is the worse thing she could have done against you. NO, NO, NO!!!

Buy a junker to get by until after it is over. PLEASE! You will lose her money or your bk or maybe both. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by stgsm View Post
      We've danced around bk for years. We kept thinking that we could somehow dig out - and we could if we wanted to shovel for 40 years. No thanks. I am so happy we have finally stopped playing the game and are taking back our lives. When you don't care about "things" anymore life is so simple.

The stigma that I think is attached to our situation particularly is that nothing catastrophic happened to us to devastate us financially. We bought things on credit and don't have the income to support the lifestyle. I want to be a part of my kids lives. I don't want to work 80 hours a week to pay ccs. So I think some people think that because we are CHOOSING bk instead of it "happening" to us we have some character flaw. I am happy to educate them on that! I am choosing to clean up this mess in a way that is best for my family.

Looking forward to the future for the first time in years!
      One of the most forthright posts I have seen. True in many lives as well in some, the catastrophes still happen and trigger what is already there. Living beyond our means. Many posters on this thread take it in different ways. There are many "downs" in the bk experience, but, what if you did not make that decision? Would it have been or would be better now? No, when that decision is made, it is a realization of fact. We have to live with that for the good or the bad. The experiment is to "get well". What is more expensive, an increase in already too high house insurance, or debt you still cannot pay? You can chance not having the insurance, but a Judgment is harmful.

We will all have to throttle down our life styles. It is PART of the "new life" experience. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X