Student Loan showing as "Suspended"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Loan showing as "Suspended"

I filed 7 on 1/18/10. My auto withdrawal for my sl came out as normal on the 21st and nothing look different on my online Chase account. Today however, I noticed it says my payments are "suspended". Do I keep making payments somehow or wait until after my case is closed. My 341 is on 3/10/10.

Thanks!
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Assuming they're non-dischargeable: My guess is you don't have to make payments at this stage, but that you can, and that interest will have accrued nonetheless once the case is done.

Comment

Did they still apply your payment to the loan? Or did they put the payment into a 'suspense' account?
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

If you want to make payments to your student loan while you are still in a bankruptcy that has not been discharged yet, you have to mail the payments to a special bankruptcy address. You will have to call your lender to get that address. Student loan lenders consider online payments and activity to be "contact" that violates the stay so they make you manually mail in your payments before you are discharged.

Alternatively you can forgo making payments before discharge, but interest will accrue.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X