Filed! Car payments blocked? Do we pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed! Car payments blocked? Do we pay?

Hello, we have 2 cars - 1 reaffirm and 1 exempt. There is one due tomorrow, I went online to pay it and it shows no auto loan and no way to pay. This kinda freaked me out.

Do we pay this month? Our 341 is March 10. Do we mail? and if so, what about the fact our payment will be late? (ie, if I mail today it still wouldn't make the due date). I didn't foresee this one, thought we'd just keep making our payments online like always.
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Who is the loan with?
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

The method by which you pay will vary by company. I had Ford and they required me to call a different number and pay over the phone. I couldn't do it online again until they got notice of the discharge.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

My loans are with Capital One. They cut me off from the online direct pay option BUT I am able to pay via my credit union's billpay feature. The payment is sent electronically. I made my first such payments on the 10th and they "appear" to have gone throught without any trouble. Same with my BoA mtg.
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.

Comment

My understanding is that many companies are worried about potential FDCPA violations, so they won't do anything that could possibly be construed as a collection attempt. It's just a CYA move on their part. If you mail them a check (or use billpay through your bank), they'll cash it.

I'm interested to see how my CU handles it. We have a car loan with them (current - paid ahead in fact) and a checking account. Our case was officially filed last week, the notice of the 341 meeting was mailed on Friday according to PACER. If they haven't received it by now I'm sure they will in the next day or two.

Comment

I feel silly! Why I didn't think about doing through the bank bill pay I'll never know.
            Stopped paying CCs 6/09
            Filed 1/10
            341 = 3/10
            6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

I'm in the same boat with a CU on my truck. To make it worse it is a CU affiliated with the company I work for. I'll be watching this thread and share my experience here aswell.
              Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
              341 March 18
              Discharged...May 18
              Awaiting closing...

Comment

They may also allow you to pay over the phone with a bank routing number. BOA does that for our 2nd. They used to charge for paying over the phone, but I guess they feel lucky to get paid now, and actually want to be easy to do business with.
                1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by weRN2deep View Post
                  I feel silly! Why I didn't think about doing through the bank bill pay I'll never know.
                  Don't feel silly, it was just an experiment on my part. I'm just glad it worked!
                  Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.

Comment

Chrystler blocked us from paying online too so I called to make a payment. They wanted $15 to do it by phone. I told the guy no way, I mean if they blocked me from doing it online, and can't send me a bill they should take payment by phone for free or only a few bucks. So I asked him how I was to pay him if I can't do the internet, can't get a bill, and won't pay an insane over the phone fee and he said I had to mail it in just a plain envelope with my account number. He had a different address that it had to be mailed too though because he said it had to be entered manually so I would call them to see where they want it mailed.

Comment

VW blocked me from paying online so I called them. They stated they couldnt "ask" me for a payment due to filing chapter 7. VW accepted the payments by phone for free and said my online access should be restored after discharge and close of bk. I did reaffirm my auto loan.

Comment

Just programed my CU bill pay tonight to pay GMAC tomorrow. I'm about a week late. i am more concerned about them trying to lift the stay.
                        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I've continued to pay through my online banking through BofA or our CU. They've gone through just fine and the over the phone access reflects our payments. No more online access or e-bills, though.

Comment

You must continue to make your payments. You can pay through your banks Bill Pay option or just mail them a paper check.
                            4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                            5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                            7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X