Citifinancial strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citifinancial strikes again!

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in collections, but since I filed my Chapter 7 Petition in January, thought it would be best here.

I haven't received a statement from Citifinancial on my account in about 2 months (after I advised them I was filing for BK). I subsequently filed my Chapter 7 on 1/18/2010 and in yesterday's mail was a statement from them!!! Isn't there an automatic stay in place? Do you think it's worth letting my attorney know that they have sent the statement? Thanks.
    Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

After I filed, I continued to receive a couple statements however each one was marked with a " This statement is being sent for informational purposes only"

Check your statement carefully.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Don't bother your attorney about that. If you continue to receive statements post-discharge then I'd make an issue of it.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Thanks. I just reviewed my statement and it reads "Don't Fall Further Behind" at the top, and includes a payment coupon, with a total payment due of XXXX and a due date of 3/1/2010. No where on the statement does it read for informational purposes.
        Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

I would not bother. Probably sent automatically by their system.
          Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
          Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
          Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
          341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I would not bother. Probably sent automatically by their system.
            I agree, not that big of a deal; I have my 341 on Tuesday, I'll just mention at that time to my attorney. After all, none of my other creditors have "accidently" sent me a statement, including my secured creditors. I cannot stomach Citifinancial and they shouldn't be exempt from the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ace13 View Post
              I agree, not that big of a deal; I have my 341 on Tuesday, I'll just mention at that time to my attorney. After all, none of my other creditors have "accidently" sent me a statement, including my secured creditors. I cannot stomach Citifinancial and they shouldn't be exempt from the rules.
              I'll bet CitiFinancial was pretty palatable when you borrowed money from them!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                I'll bet CitiFinancial was pretty palatable when you borrowed money from them!
                Actually not!...total business decision The workers in my branch creep me out!

Comment

I still get a statement from them; but it says "Voluntary Payment".
                  Filed Ch7: December 02, 2009
                  341 Meeting: January 06, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X