A question about authorized user on my credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about authorized user on my credit card

I am in the planning stages of ch 7 for myself from cc debt that was incurred in my name only for a business that failed. The only other debts are mortgage (joint) and car (husband only). I am in the process of setting up attorney consults and plan on filing in July.

I have my husband as an authorized user on one of the credits cards. I pulled his credit report yesterday and it is being report on his credit report. Which is fine because we are current so it looks great now. However, I am getting ready to be faced with not be able to make these payments in the next couple of months.

I will call today and have him removed as an authorized user.

My questions:

Will having him removed take care of the issue of negatives being report on him?

Or do I need to have him try to have it all removed? Is that even possible?

If I have him removed today and miss my March payments, does anyone know if that will still get reported to him?

I have tried searching for these answers and have not had much luck.

Thank you!

Hmmmmm...any takers that have any experience or knowlege?

Comment

I wish I could offer some advice. But I'm in the same boat so I'm watching this thread to see what kind of responses you get. Best of Luck (for both of us)!

Comment

When you call to remove, ask about the credit reports. I was told by all the creditors that once I was removed it would no longer report. I also asked for confirmation letters, still waiting from one lender. I pulled 90 days later and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by myfreshstart View Post
          I will call today and have him removed as an authorized user.

My questions:

Will having him removed take care of the issue of negatives being report on him?

Or do I need to have him try to have it all removed? Is that even possible?

If I have him removed today and miss my March payments, does anyone know if that will still get reported to him?

I have tried searching for these answers and have not had much luck.

Thank you!
          (1) it should...
          (2) No
          (3) Most likely. It depends on the creditors reporting cycle.
          So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
          Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
          Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
          And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X