Reaffirmation Agreement and Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation Agreement and Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo has decided not to send out reaffirmation agreement.

We are not reaffirming on anything, it just gives your creditor the right to sue should you default. We are current on home and vehicles and not reaffirming. Should things get worse for us and I pray that they do not, then we can just walk away.

Comment

According to my attorney, who has spoken to Wells Fargo a number of times since the first of the year for clients, Wells Fargo has made a complete change to their reafirmation policy. They have decided (nation wide) that they will no longer do ANY reafirmations. They say they see no reason for it, that it costs them more money to deal with. I don't know what the courts will do with this, but we had signed a reafirm agreement in Dec. and were waiting on Wells, who originally said of course they would reafirm. They never did.
      Our attorney said as long as we stay current on our payments we have nothing to worry about, as we want to keep our home. I also believe that our state does not allow ride-throughs, so I am not sure what will happen now. Our 60th day is Friday.

Comment

I just converted from a 13 to a 7 and have a wells fargo 1st mortgage. we did not reaffirm and when I called wells after the discharge, to my surprise they were very helpful about the whole thing. we were one payment behind, but quickly caught up. When I called and asked what our situation with them was, they asked if we wanted to keep the property, we said yes. They said no problem, just stay current. we still get monthly payment statements, they still take the escrow and pay insurance as well as property taxes. I`ve been very pleased with them so far, and have no reason to think anything will change. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X