What to expect after the 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to expect after the 341?

Well, we had our 341 today, and after all the stress leading up to it, it really was as easy as people here have said. What I realized though, as we walked out of the courthouse, was that after all the time we spent trying to dot every 'I' and cross every 'T' on our forms, hold nothing back, and stressing out over passing the means test, is that we really don't know what to expect will happen in the next 60 days. Does the trustee analyze our schedules, vehicle values and equity, means test, etc? Or, has most of this already occurred leading up to the 341? Our atty basically said, "This is it, see ya!" after the meeting. She gave us the impression that we were done. But if that was the case, what would be the purpose of the next 60 days? Not that I'm looking for something to worry over, but if there could be things popping up in the next 60 days, I'd like to be more prepared. Thanks in advance for your input & experiences!
    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Yes you are!! You are looking for something to worry about. You with as many posts and reads you have, should know better. (be informed you have been properly chewed out. LOL).

Quit your worry, and relax. It is all done but the hamster dance.

Best wishes. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The purpose of the 60 day wait is to comply with rule 4007 that allows creditors 60 days from the 341 meeting to file an AP. These are very rare.

Article in the Metropolitan News-Enterprise by attorney Wesley H. Avery on bankruptcy rules which went into effect Dec. 1, 1999

Likewise, Rule 4007 will be amended to clarify that the deadline for filing a complaint to determine dischargeability of debt under Bankruptcy Code Section 523(c) is 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors, irrespective of whether a meeting is actually held on that date.

Don't sweat it. All of us had to wait it out.

Comment

Is it correct, though, that during the 60 day period the trustee can change the case from a "no asset" to an "asset" case?
        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

That article is over a decade over?...

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
          The purpose of the 60 day wait is to comply with rule 4007 that allows creditors 60 days from the 341 meeting to file an AP. These are very rare.

Article in the Metropolitan News-Enterprise by attorney Wesley H. Avery on bankruptcy rules which went into effect Dec. 1, 1999

Likewise, Rule 4007 will be amended to clarify that the deadline for filing a complaint to determine dischargeability of debt under Bankruptcy Code Section 523(c) is 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors, irrespective of whether a meeting is actually held on that date.

Don't sweat it. All of us had to wait it out.
          From what I see, that article in your link is from 1999...

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
            Is it correct, though, that during the 60 day period the trustee can change the case from a "no asset" to an "asset" case?
            This is my understanding as well, actually untill the case is closed. How ever the only asset's that could be in question are tax refunds I think, and it doesn't affect dischard. Someone please correct me if im wrong.
            Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
            341 March 18
            Discharged...May 18
            Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg View Post
              From what I see, that article in your link is from 1999...
              Yes, it's an old article but, rule 4007 is alive and well. The reason for the 60 day wait.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X