top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally mailed in the forms to attorney...how sobering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally mailed in the forms to attorney...how sobering.

We had our first consultation waaay back last summer, paid $250 to retain the attorney, and then have been trying to get the rest of the fees together. It's always something...car died and had to buy a new (used!) one, holidays, general head-in-the-sand trying to avoid the inevitable, etc!

Last week a got a summons on one of my Chase accounts with 20 days to respond, so the time is nigh. I pulled an all-nighter getting the packet all filled out, and the mortgage is going to be late because today's paycheck is largely going to the attorney. Yesterday I put everything in overnight mail, and today I'm watching package tracking to make sure it gets there safe and sound.

Man, I feel like we've been "in process" for months (well, duh, I guess we have! LOL!) and when I watched that package go in the mail sack, I wanted to cry. I'm not even sure if they're good tears or bad tears....just sort of numbness. I'm SO ready to just put all this crap behind us, but still just sad that it had to come to this. So many mistakes....so much stupidity.

We had about $72K in CC debt 8 years ago, and worked with a debt management program (a really nice one, actually!) to pay down about half of it over a couple years, and then paid off the rest with my husband's inheritance. We both thought, "NEVER AGAIN"!

Well, here we are. We did the online pre-bk course yesterday, and when I added everything up, it was over $90K counting the bill from the auto loan for the car that was repo'd last fall. Holy crap--how can we have that much debt and nothing to freaking show for it? It's not like we go out and buy fancy, big stuff. I think we literally $20'd ourselves into a sink hole.

But then again, maybe this is just what it's going to take for us. The mere thought of a credit card makes me want to puke. And I suppose that right there is the "salvation" of bk...when you're debt is forgiven and you're ready to "go and sin no more".

Anyway, I have a headache. Blah.

I understand how you feel. I had paid off my debt through CCCS years ago and managed to get right back into it. I thought we had about 45k in debt and then when we went through CCCS for our pre-bk counseling and we added it all up, it was over 70k! I just felt so stupid for not seeing this before and not doing anything earlier.

When you're free of it all, just remember this and don't open any more credit cards ;)
    Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
    Last day for objections 1/22/2010
    Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
    Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X