One way to loose weight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One way to loose weight!

I got on the scale last night and dropped 5 pounds this week. This is truely the hardest thing I have ever done. I was so nervous about meeting the attorney and really shouldn't have been. It wasn't a big deal at all. Initially I felt like I got called to the principal's office. lol Now I'm stressed about bing forced into a 13. We are right in the middle. My stomach is in knots. It's like a rollar coaster. One minute I get a sense of relief the next I start feeling embarrassed and ashamed. I feel like we are the only ones doing this!!!! I know these feelings will pass, but right now it sure seems like they won't.

Thanks everyone for just letting me vent!

I know how you feel callies. As a result of all of the stress leading up to my finally filing, I lost ten pounds, (I was not trying to lose weight. ) and developed all sorts of stomach issues.

The good news is that the stress goes down exponentially once your 341 is over.

Hang in there!
    Last edited by backtoschool; 02-20-2010, 12:22 PM. Reason: fixed grammar errors
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I'm in the same boat. We will for sure be an asset case and are hoping and praying we won't be put into a 13. We've had so many ups & downs so far and we haven't even filed yet. Every step along the way (meeting with attorneys, closing bank accounts, not paying credit cards) has made me want to throw up. I had to start watching myself though, as I had a routine check-up and my blood work was revealing my stress (traitor!). I always feel better coming here and seeing that there are other people in the same boat. I know that this is the decision we had to make, but I hate it beyond belief.....I have to not think about that aspect too much.

Vent anytime! Good luck with your case.

Comment

I think the hardest thing is feeling like I (we) failed somehow. I know deep down inside we should've done this a long, long time ago, but I continuted to keep paying thinking it was the "right" thing to do. It was/is our debt! But after having the accounts closed over 5 or more years ago I honestly think we paid the debt, just not the interest and late fees and over the limit fees. As much as I have tried we just can't get ahead. Now I'm wishing we would have filed before. Our income has increased over the years, but our debt has not. Unfortunately, by waiting we may have to go 13. I am trying to remain positive and know now there will be light at the end of the tunnel. This is the first time in years I a have seen a flicker!!!
        Last edited by callies; 02-20-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Right there with you, callies. Lots of stress. DH & I have more attorney consults coming up and don't have all the answers we need yet...but are hoping we can get through this w/out losing the business, which truly is our future. We easily qualify for a 7, based on our income and family size, but we're unsure how our (part)ownership of a struggling-but-still-making-it business will be viewed. There is guilt over the mess we're in, anxiety over how it will all turn out, the stress of the phonecalls, etc. But you're right, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You (not unlike myself) are probably thinking of worst case scenarios. Things will probably turn out much better than you think. Hang in there!

Comment

I hear all kinds of financial horror stories on a daily basis so when someone comes in for a consultation I try to make them understand that their situation is not unique and that they are better off than they know. Trust me - no matter how bad you think your life is now there is always someone else whose life is worse. Think about it - it can help you put things into perspective.
            The ones that really get to me though are when an elderly person comes in and they've been responsible their whole life - but their kids stole money from their retirement, or they got taken for a ride by a fast-talking con artist, or they're single, their wife died and a woman 20 years younger starts paying attention to him but leaves after he buys her a car, jewelry and helps her out of her late night emergency financial problem. There are special places in hell reserved for people who con money from the elderly.

--William
            I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
            As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

You are totally correct.....

Originally posted by BKDefender View Post
              I hear all kinds of financial horror stories on a daily basis so when someone comes in for a consultation I try to make them understand that their situation is not unique and that they are better off than they know. Trust me - no matter how bad you think your life is now there is always someone else whose life is worse. Think about it - it can help you put things into perspective.
              The ones that really get to me though are when an elderly person comes in and they've been responsible their whole life - but their kids stole money from their retirement, or they got taken for a ride by a fast-talking con artist, or they're single, their wife died and a woman 20 years younger starts paying attention to him but leaves after he buys her a car, jewelry and helps her out of her late night emergency financial problem. There are special places in hell reserved for people who con money from the elderly.

--William
              William, this is exactly what my mom is afraid of if she dies before my dad. We as siblings will watch over either one of the living parent to protect them from leerking woman or men after them. And, as for siblings taking retirement monies from their elderly parents, I think that is way beyond foregivenss if it does happen. I know of some people that did that as well. It is ashame.
              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

I've been going the other way. Gaining weight, probably 7-8 lbs in the last month. I felt a lot of relief when I actually stopped paying the credit cards last summer. Now I'm stressing about finding an attorney that will work on getting us a Chapter 7 instead of a 13. Life hasn't been very fun for a long time, I can't take it for another 5 years in a Chapter 13.

Comment

For the first week after I realized I had to file, I felt like the most worthless piece of garbage on the face of the earth. My whole body was vibrating..probably shock. I'm doing better now. I'm so happy I found this forum. It has not only provided me with tons of great information and insights, but has definitely made me realize that I am not alone.

I haven't completely wrapped my head around this, and I'm sure a lot of those bad feelings will return when I actually file and have to go to court and all of that, but I'm just keeping my eye on the prize, so to speak - being debt free before this year is out. I probably should have done something sooner as well, but I just kept thinking I could turn the business around, or that some miracle would happen. I racked up probably another 80k in debt while I was doing that. I'm not sure what is going to happen to my business now - it may be lost, but I'm OK with that. I was going to try to do a 13, not only to try to pay back, but to continue the business. I'm just not even sure it would survive the next 5 years, and since it's all non-consumer debt, I might as well take the 7 and not be a fool, getting tied up under a microscope for the next five years, possibly failing and having to go 7 anyway.

I keep saying this to myself - they can take my inventory and my possessions, but they can't take my mind, my creativity or my talents. I'll be back, and I'll know what NOT to do next time!

..and I can afford to lose a few pounds. Bring it on!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X