top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really happens during the "60 Day Club"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really happens during the "60 Day Club"?

I know the best, most hopeful answer is "nothing, you wait 60 days and if no objections are raised you are discharged"

But how often do objections get raised?

If your trustee reports as no distribution on Pacer does that mean they are done with you and you are just playing the waiting game?

If creditors don't show up to the 341 meeting are they unlikely to file an objection? Do some creditors wait until the "last minute" to object?

If you haven't charged anything in a really long time (over a year) are CC companies likely to object and if so, wouldn't they do that at the 341, or not always?

Finally, for those obsessive people, where do you look on Pacer for updates if any objections have been raised in your case?

Just a few questions, folks.....any helpful answers would be appreciated. I know everyone wants to be a part of the 60 day club to get that dreaded 341 over, but is it also yet another/the final stressful time as well, waiting biting your nails that nobody objects?

It depends on your case. If there's the sort of thing in it that's a red flag for someone, you'll probably know by the time you've had your 341, but not necessarily. I didn't really have a very exciting case (apart from having way more debts than assets), so I'm not really expecting an objection, especially know that the trustee's filed their no-asset abandonment thingum.

On PACER when you first look up the case it says the date something was last filed on it. If that date isn't updated, you don't have to pay for query pages to look further.

Comment

The 60 days allows your creditor to object to your filing on their debt. Don't sweat it. It is mostly just a waiting game... at least for me it was. I had to check PACER every few days and look if the updated date had changed (if you only look at that page there is no cost incurred) mine didn't change from two days after my 341 meeting until the discharged came through... so I would say maybe look at it every couple of weeks... but it is like grass growing it isn't going to make your discharge happen any faster. Just hang in there, if you survived the 341 meeting chance are nothing will happen during the 60 days.
      November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I've been thinking about this same subject. I'm almost 30 days out now from my 341. There is something significant about 30 days isn't there? I think it's just natural to kind of worry about problems coming up. Haven't we all just been worried so much about finances that it's hard to imagine that some of it may be being wrapped up. I just can't imagine being almost debt free again. Blows my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Migal View Post
          I've been thinking about this same subject. I'm almost 30 days out now from my 341. There is something significant about 30 days isn't there? I think it's just natural to kind of worry about problems coming up. Haven't we all just been worried so much about finances that it's hard to imagine that some of it may be being wrapped up. I just can't imagine being almost debt free again. Blows my mind!
          Yes - the 30 days is the last date for the US Trustee to move to dismiss if your case is deemed to be abuse.

Comment

Yeah, I just know we are all so excited to finally make to the 60 Day Club, but then part of me wonders "Then what?" I guess I just wonder how much scrutiny occurs during that period if your case has already been deemed a no distribution/no asset? Or is it, in the vast number of cases, really just yet another "waiting period." I agree with Migal, it almost seems too good to be true to ever be debt free......it has been so long!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jennilynn View Post
              Yes - the 30 days is the last date for the US Trustee to move to dismiss if your case is deemed to be abuse.
              How would you have any idea if your case was suspected to be abuse....would you already have been contacted or does MEANSNO on Pacer cover you on that? It is all very confusing....especially everything on Pacer

Comment

341 meeting is day 1. after 10 days trustee will file a report. If presumed abuse...then within the next 30 days he or she will file a motion to dismiss or convert. If no abuse, they will issue a report of no distibution on NO Asset Cases. 30 days from the 341 is the last day to object to Exemptions. 60th day, last day for any creditor to file an Adversary Proceding, will not affect discharge. The only scary thing about the 60 days in which I am scared of everyday is for th US Trustee to find something where the UST can drop the 707(b). Assuming no AP or 707(b), discharge will arrive shortly after the 60th day. a few days later it will close. But on asset cases, it takes time to close. See sticky about difference between closing asset and non asset case. Like SPalin says, it's like natural grass, it takes it's time.
                This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

Originally posted by chriselle View Post
                  341 meeting is day 1. after 10 days trustee will file a report. If presumed abuse...then within the next 30 days he or she will file a motion to dismiss or convert. If no abuse, they will issue a report of no distibution on NO Asset Cases. 30 days from the 341 is the last day to object to Exemptions. 60th day, last day for any creditor to file an Adversary Proceding, will not affect discharge. The only scary thing about the 60 days in which I am scared of everyday is for th US Trustee to find something where the UST can drop the 707(b). Assuming no AP or 707(b), discharge will arrive shortly after the 60th day. a few days later it will close. But on asset cases, it takes time to close. See sticky about difference between closing asset and non asset case. Like SPalin says, it's like natural grass, it takes it's time.
                  So once you are within the 60 day period your case automatically, at some point, gets handed over to the US Trustee for perusal, or only in cases of presumed abuse? I can't imagine the US Trustee has the time to look at every single person, only the ones presumed to be abusing? Isn't that the whole reason for the regular trustee, to be the intermediary to determine whether or not it gets handed over to the US Trustee for further investigation?

Comment

We had our 341 Thursday Feb 18, Trustee filed his Report of No Distribution at 9:00 AM Monday Feb 22. I know that should make us feel better, but until day 60+ when I see that discharge I will be on pins and needles. Nearly everyone says the 341 is a breeze, but until you've been to it and not been eaten alive, it's just one more hurdle and worry. (Luckily I ran faster than my wife, God rest her soul...)
                    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
                      The 60 days allows your creditor to object to your filing on their debt. Don't sweat it. It is mostly just a waiting game... at least for me it was. I had to check PACER every few days and look if the updated date had changed (if you only look at that page there is no cost incurred) mine didn't change from two days after my 341 meeting until the discharged came through... so I would say maybe look at it every couple of weeks... but it is like grass growing it isn't going to make your discharge happen any faster. Just hang in there, if you survived the 341 meeting chance are nothing will happen during the 60 days.
                      Where is this 'updated' page on Pacer and how do you navigate to it?
                      I've been looking at documents filed for 8c a shot.

Comment

After you log in and select the Query tab, a new page will open with your name, type of Bk in the top center of the page it will also have your 341 date and also "Last Updated" date. Checking that date will let you know if anything has changed in your file. If you go past that page it will cost you 8 cents per page.
                        November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

95% of the time, nothing happens during the 60 day club.

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
                            After you log in and select the Query tab, a new page will open with your name, type of Bk in the top center of the page it will also have your 341 date and also "Last Updated" date. Checking that date will let you know if anything has changed in your file. If you go past that page it will cost you 8 cents per page.
                            I can't see it - I see "Search" "Report" and "User Option" after logging in.
                            There's a reason I call myself Blockhead :-)
                            (and why I am down $200 to date on Pacer)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X