Filing Chapter 7 and scared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Chapter 7 and scared!

Hello...am also new to this forum. Will post questions once I can get my thoughts straight. Not going pro se, attorney appoinment March 4. Bankruptcy is the only law he specializes in. I am in North Carolina and strickly on disability. All of my debt is CC, plus some medical.

Welcome. What are you afraid of?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I cannot find my tax returns from last year and I have not filed this year yet.

Comment

Originally posted by confusedNNor View Post
        I cannot find my tax returns from last year and I have not filed this year yet.
        Call your local IRS branch. They can give you last year's printout. No worries!
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
          Call your local IRS branch. They can give you last year's printout. No worries!
          Yes, the IRS can provide you with a tax transcript.
          Now, what else are you afraid of?

Comment

Well, I'm embarrased and I've got to fill out all the paperwork. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the original cc statements. I do have my credit report which lists all the collection agencies. The bk papers tell me not to use the addreses where the payments were sent. Oh believe me, I should have done this 2 years ago.

Thank all of you for writing to me.

Comment

you will find the people here very supportive and helpful.

I'm scared too, but have found a lot of comfort and knowledge from reading here.

If you read and learn you will not be so fearful because you will know more and gain more confidence in what to do.

Good Luck !
              Marie

Comment

Originally posted by confusedNNor View Post
                Well, I'm embarrased and I've got to fill out all the paperwork. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the original cc statements. I do have my credit report which lists all the collection agencies. The bk papers tell me not to use the addreses where the payments were sent. Oh believe me, I should have done this 2 years ago.

Thank all of you for writing to me.
                I think being embarrased in natural but not necessary. There are a lot of good people here on this forum and in society in general that have had to file bankruptcy. It does not mean you are a bad person. Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain and Walt Disney have filed. Filing for bankruptcy is a constitutional right not just some afterthought looser law for deadbeats.
                I believe there are also many here that have procrastinated about filing. Most attorneys are helpful and will guide you through the process. And you can ask as many questions here as you need! Good luck.

Comment

Thank all of you. I will stay in touch as I need all the support I can get.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X