Question On The Trustee Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question On The Trustee Meeting

Just a quick question about the trustee meeting that I know I will be going to in the next couple of months. Since the credit card people are tape recording the phone calls, no they haven't disclosed that but I know they are. I just totally went off on a citi card person. I basically cussed them up one side and down the other, yes I feel bad about it and I know I shouldn't have done it.

Will they bring that tape into the trustee meeting? I knew I shouldn't have answered their call but I was hoping they would work with me before I definitely decided BK. It is all but certain now. Anyway they couldn't accept anything less than like $130 month for a year at 5% interest. I told them all I could do was $70 a month and that wasn't good enough. So you can imagine my few choice words. So will the tape come back to haunt me?

Personally, I doubt it.

First, the big band credit card companies rarely show up at the 341 meetings.

Second, all the representative likely put down is their standard "refusal to pay" with some general notations about your behavior.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
    Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DebtHater View Post
      Personally, I doubt it.

First, the big band credit card companies rarely show up at the 341 meetings.

Second, all the representative likely put down is their standard "refusal to pay" with some general notations about your behavior.

I wouldn't worry about it.
      Thanks debthater! Glad to hear they won't bring that tape in so they can hear my potty mouth. I do however feel they will show up at this meeting without a doubt. I owe them like 10K. I wonder why they do show up at these meetings if most of the time the debt is discharged? Does it ever do them any good to go?

Comment

They coming is about as likely as you winning the lotto. And if you've got your time in, who cares?
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellv8670 View Post
          .... I do however feel they will show up at this meeting without a doubt. I owe them like 10K. ...
          You seriously think owing them ten grand is something special? There are people who owe one CC company $40,000 and even $50,000.

....from what others have said, even those debtors have no one show up.

Comment

If cussing out the reps and their management at Citi is a crime - I should have been locked up with the key thrown away a couple months ago. I am a pretty level head, go with the flow personality but their disfunction put me over the edge. You probably won't hear a peep out of them.

Comment

I do however feel they will show up at this meeting without a doubt. I owe them like 10K.
              Like others said, don't flatter yourself. My wife and I BK'd chase for almost 30K and Cap One for almost 20K, neither showed up. They have better things to do then attend everyone 341 meetings. The real test is that they don't object within the 60 days after the meeting. As long as there are no signs of fraud, it's not likely that will even happen.
              Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
              Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

max,
                It is their tactic to elicit an emotional responce from you. That is what they are trained to do and most are good at it, this is there business and business is good for them rite now. You should be more mad at yourself for letting them get you upset than worring about them showing up at your 341 which I really really doubt is going to happen, and even if they do they can't file an AP because you were rude and cursed them lol. Your fine
                Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                341 March 18
                Discharged...May 18
                Awaiting closing...

Comment

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about how much I owe. I just figured since it was a large amount that they would show up. I will be so glad to get this over with. And try to start mending my financial recovery over the next 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                    max,
                    It is their tactic to elicit an emotional responce from you. That is what they are trained to do and most are good at it, this is there business and business is good for them rite now. You should be more mad at yourself for letting them get you upset than worring about them showing up at your 341 which I really really doubt is going to happen, and even if they do they can't file an AP because you were rude and cursed them lol. Your fine
                    I know. I feel terrible that I went off like I did. The lady was only doing her job and I shouldn't have took what was my fault to begin with out on her! I won't let that happen again. Going to try and let the phone ring on deaf ears.

Comment

I know. I feel terrible that I went off like I did. The lady was only doing her job and I shouldn't have took what was my fault to begin with out on her! I won't let that happen again. Going to try and let the phone ring on deaf ears.
                      No don't feel bad. That is my point, they provoked you on purpose. Let go of that guilt. And what a crappy job it is, I'd rather dig ditches for S&S Sewers lol
                      Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                      341 March 18
                      Discharged...May 18
                      Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                        No don't feel bad. That is my point, they provoked you on purpose. Let go of that guilt. And what a crappy job it is, I'd rather dig ditches for S&S Sewers lol
                        Now that job would stink.

Comment

I had over $596,000 of debt spread over 22 creditors, not including collection agencies, and nobody turned up to my 341. My impression is that, unless you clearly defrauded them, or they want to sort out a reaffirmation agreement with you, the unexpected creditors at 341's are more likely to be private individuals you owe money to (family, landlord, whatever), if they are a bit angry and crazy, not credit card company representatives who know it's probably going to be a wasted effort.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X