Attorney fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney fee

How long after you pay the fee does it take to get the ball rolling. I want to get thi over with!

Mine said he could do it the same day if it was an emergency....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Depends; the attorney, at a minimum should outline the timeline for you. 2-4 weeks is not unreasonable.

Comment

My attorneys office said 1-2 weeks. Its been a week and I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

There was very little wait at all. I want to say they filed the next day after I paid.
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. We had our first consultation on January 25th just sent all the documents he required us to send and he received everything on friday including our final payment. I feel bad to keep bugging the office since tomorrow it will only be a week but we don't even know if we can qualify for the 7 yet. He told us at the office we would most likely be able to do a 7, but we are both inpatiently waiting!! I know once he starts everything it takes 3-4 weeks to file unless we did an emergency filing but I would like some insight if we atleast can file soon or if we are having to wait because of overtime on income.

Comment

Confused about how/why you could pay the attorney if he doesn't know if you qualify for a 7???

Our attorney filed when we wanted him to. Wanted to get it done asap to avoid foreclosure process starting, but I also knew I could not take off time from work (no more vacation time) in 2009. So he filed mid-December, so that our hearings would be in 2010.
              Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
              (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I just meet with my lawyer today, and she stated that it would take a week if I was ready to file. But I had to pay in full first. Do remember that if your in a hurry to do something, you have a higher chance to make a mistake.
                This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

This was one of my questions I had on my "list" when I went in for consultations. The time frame given was anywhere from 3 days to 1-1/2 months. I went with the attonrey that could have it filed in 3 days
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X