Tis Tax/Refund Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis Tax/Refund Season

We were discharged on 02/17 (case not showing as closed). On Pacer, there is an entry by the trustee asking to removed as the case has been fully administered. During our 341 meeting, she asked for a copy of our 2009 taxes. If she is asking to removed, do you think she will want to mess with our tax refund (probably around $7k)? We can exempt $1000 per state law so that would leave about $6K up for grabs. Just curious. If we have to turn over the $6k, so be it. Has anyone else had this? Thanks

comment re: tax refund

Hi Nerves,

I don't pretend to be answering your question directly, but relevant I think is whether you claimed this refund amount as an account receivable so that the trustee knew of it. (Probably not, if you filed before 2009 close.)

But she asked you for 2009 return, and you never gave it to her? Is her request in print? I'm not informed enough to know how this is handled.

Comment

I am not sure if it is on our schedules or not but our lawyer said each tax payer is automatically exempt for $1000. Since my husband didn't pay in any taxes, our lawyer said we would be entitled to $1000. We filed in Oct/had 341 in Nov so the taxes weren't done (they are currently being figured by our accountant). It is going to cost me about a $1000 to have the taxes done due to the business. It would be a really nice surprise if we get to keep all of it, but I won't hold my breath. I was just curious in regards to the trustee's request to released stating the case has been fully administered.

Comment

Not knowing enough of the specifics of how everything has gone down with your case, let me just say that if there is $6,000 of a refund that can be had by the TT because it cannot be exempted......well then, you better believe the TT is very likely going to come after it. That's how they make a living, and they surely came after mine.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I checked Pacer again tonight and our case is now showing as closed. Maybe there is some hope we will get to keep all of it But as I stated earlier, I will not hold my breath.

Comment

Sounds like you are in a district where they don't care or you did exempt your tax refund. If they discharged and closed you within a day or so like that then there was nothing they were interested in. I think you are good to go now that you are closed. Lucky you!
            New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X