top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditors are STILL calling me...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors are STILL calling me...........

I have told all the CC companies that we are filing chapter 7 and have referred them to my attorney. They still continue to call my house and are quite rude. Are they allowed to harass me?

Just give them the case file #, and make a note of company/date/who you spoke to. Once notified of the case filing they should not continue to call.

If you have not yet filed - saying you plan to file may not accomplish much. The automatic stay happens when you file, not when you talk to an attorney.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

They can continue to call you as much as they please, unless there is some state law which prohibits them after you hire counsel. My guess, is that it will take some time for their system to reflect the nature of your account, and until then, your number keeps getting put into the harrassment loop.

Comment

Until you actually file you are fair game. You can have your attorney notify them to cease communications, and that should slow them down.

Best bet is to change your cell number today and turn off the house ringer.
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I remember a time before teenagers and debt collectors that I felt a compulsion to answer a ringing phone, even risking tripping to get to it in time. Now, I can be a room with a ringing phone with no inclination to answer it and barely a thought as to "wonder who that was". Thank God for voice mail.
          Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
          341 March 18
          Discharged...May 18
          Awaiting closing...

Comment

I remember a time before teenagers and debt collectors that I felt a compulsion to answer a ringing phone, even risking tripping to get to it in time. Now, I can be a room with a ringing phone with no inclination to answer it and barely a thought as to "wonder who that was". Thank God for voice mail.
            Been over 30 days since our 341 hearing. I have actually started to answer the phone without looking at who is calling. It is nice that the phone is not ringing off the hook anymore and now when someone calls, I want to talk to them

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X