wic as income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wic as income

I am going to file chapter 7 and am putting down all my income and was told i need to put down my wic benefits, however I am having trouble finding out how to count the benefits as a monetary value. Does anyone know how to do this. For more specifics I am in TX and have one infant on wic only. Thanks for any help.

I am also wondering if the amount you get for food stamps and tanf are also suppose to be counted. Thanks for the answers.
    Last edited by cnrayne; 03-02-2010, 10:45 AM. Reason: updating question

Your attorney said that?
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I would "*think* that the only way to "count" WIC would be the fact that it would reduce what YOU spend on your groceries. It can't be used for anything other than the SPECIFIC items you are allowed.

Comment

I can't imagine that it's counted as income. Can anyone verify that? That seems ridiculous.
        Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
        Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
        341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Wow- I never even thought of this! I get WIC too- I am going to ask my attorney today. I will let you know what they say..

Comment

It's easy. Just calculate what you are allowed to buy each month from wic and subtract that from your food allotment

Comment

I think wic is exempt in most districts.

But, that being said, just subtract your wic allowance from your irs-bankruptcy food allowance when you fill out your expenses.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Yeah, it's income if she receives it regularly. It goes on line 11 of Schedule I -- Social Security or Government Assistance. I don't think WIC is part of Social Security, so it should count on the means test as well.

Don't they give you stuff with WIC? Not cash, right? You get diapers and formula and milk and butter &c? Yeah, I'd say consider it as income and figure an estimate of what that stuff would cost you had you bought it in the store.
                Last edited by MSbklawyer; 03-02-2010, 02:36 PM.
                Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Our attorney's admin. said since couldn't put an actual dollar amount on it (this is in Massachusetts), it was probably not going to have to be claimed. She is looking into it furthur.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X