Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authorized Signer On Dad's Card

Hi Everyone,

I just remembered something important today. A long time ago, when I turned 18, my dad put me down as an authorized signer on one of his credit cards to help me build credit. 3 years ago when I checked my credit report (I know I am suppose to check once a year), that card still shows up on my credit report. I can't remember if it was still active, inactive or closed. Anyways, my dad does not use that card and I've never used it either so there are no outstanding balances or debt due against that card. I will request a copy of my credit report tomorrow. But in the meantime, this is eating at me. If that card or account is still active and my dad hasn't removed me as a signer, will he find out that I've filed for bankruptcy? Will my bankruptcy affect his credit even if nothing is due on that card and I am just an authorized signer? Will my bankruptcy show up on his credit report? Chances are that card is inactive due to no activity....if inactive will it still cause problems? I don't plan on telling my dad about the bankruptcy which is why I don't want it to show up on his credit report. Can I get myself removed as an authorized signer if I'm still a signer? If the account is closed, does it matter? Please help!!!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X