A New Rental Lease In Another State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Rental Lease In Another State

As I have said, we are moving out of state just a few short days after my 341 hearing. We will be relocating from Alabama to Florida. Since I have also included my landlord in Alabama in the bankruptcy. BTW, my landlord in Alabama resides in California, so thankfully he will not be attending the 341. However, I have spoken with him and he appears to be in good spirits with me. Is it an issue if I have sent my NEW landlord in Florida the first rent for the first month, along with the deposit. No, it did not come out of a bank account; it was all done by postal money orders and fex-exed to Florida. I guess that my question is: do I have to even say anything about those funds going to Florida??? Or pretty much, is that my business...???

does anyone know if I have to verbally claim that at my 341 or NO....????

Comment

I would ask your attorney to be safe, but I wouldn't think paying for rent would be an issue. You are allowed to have living expenses.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
        I would ask your attorney to be safe, but I wouldn't think paying for rent would be an issue. You are allowed to have living expenses.
        My feelings exactly. It shouldn't really matter, they have to realize that even though somebody is filing bankruptcy, they are going to have to pay to live somewhere.

--------Oh', and will it matter that I did this AFTER my petition for bankruptcy went in?????------

Comment

I wouldn`t worry about it, and wouldn`t say anything about it either.Noone is really going to care unless you pipe up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X