Decision made to file in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision made to file in April

We finally made the decision to file Chapter 7 in April. We live in IL, Chicagoland area, and I have had consults with 5 lawyers in my area. I found one that I like that put together the picture I wanted to see for the BK (keep both cars using expemtions). My husband and I both have cc's with Chase and checking accounts. We are going to change banks to a credit union this week since we've heard that chase will freeze our accounts as soon as we file. The attourney advised that we not put more than $500 per month on each credit card before we file. He also said that the trustees really do not spend much time reviewing the claim if it's a no asset case (this particular attourney was a trustee for 15 years and now he is on the other side of the fence).

After reading the scenerios on this forum, I'll admit I am a bit fearful of the whole process, but we really don't have anything to hide so i'm not sure why I'm stressing.

I would like to know if anyone on here has experience with BKs in IL, the 341 meeting in Rockford and any issues with trustees being ruthless in Northeastern IL. Thank you.

My 341 is 4-1-10 in Rockford for a chapter7.I will surely let you know how it goes.I have asked several questions on this forum and rarely get answers.Once I have my 341 I will post my results for your info,I have been sweating this since 8-8-09,Maybe someone else will help you with you stress level on this forum-good luck-
    and don`t make yourself sick over it.Will post in a couple of weeks.

Comment

We are about to file on Monday in N/E IL. Our atty seems to think that the trustees aren't going to take a second look at our case. We are keeping cars, house and don't really have much to hide either. Biggest issue seems to be that we MAY be getting a raise (more income) before the 341, but we are increasing our family size at the same time, so our atty thinks the trustees won't really questions much.

Good luck!

Comment

We are in the process of filing in the northern district. Joliet Area. Our lawyer says we have nothing to worry about. Filing personal and company chapter 7.
        I have not seen any posts regarding peoples experiences in IL.

Comment

We are in neighboring Iowa and also went through the stress and anxiety. Our lawyer told us there would be no problems. He said the trustee wouldn't give our filing a second glance since we were under the median, and he was right. Our 60 days were up yesterday. My only regret, like many people here, we didn't file sooner. Good luck!

Comment

We are in Joliet area too, csbroke!

Comment

Thanks for responding everyone! Stikks... keep me posted after your 341...when did you file? Sawdust14 - good to know that everything went well for you!

There seems to be a lot of posts from people int eh Western USA... thanks for coming together in IL. Keep in touch and I will too.

Comment

I can tell you we only qualified just under the median and everything was smooth sailing, discharged last week. One thing I would say is NOT to use your credit cards anymore now that you have decided to file, it constitutes fraud! I would stop making the payments if you haven't already. That's just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Comment

No experience yet, but also in IL and just got the ball rolling a step further today..nervous but excited to put all this behind us!
                  Retained lawyer on 3/9/10
                  Finally filed ch 7 on 10/29/10
                  341 mtg on 12/1/10 hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Noangelmom View Post
                    Thanks for responding everyone! Stikks... keep me posted after your 341...when did you file? Sawdust14 - good to know that everything went well for you!

There seems to be a lot of posts from people int eh Western USA... thanks for coming together in IL. Keep in touch and I will too.
                    I retained attorney 8-8-09 paid him off in full 2-20-10
                    my case was filed on 2-24-10.I`m getting close now.
                    341 this thursday in Rockford,I live in Mchenry county.
                    I`ll be back on board here thursday evening,I hope it
                    goes smooth,called my lawyer and he said just bring
                    D.L. and SS card and thats it.Have not heard anything
                    from my trustee.. -I cant wait till it`s over-

Comment

Originally posted by stikks View Post
                      I retained attorney 8-8-09 paid him off in full 2-20-10
                      my case was filed on 2-24-10.I`m getting close now.
                      341 this thursday in Rockford,I live in Mchenry county.
                      I`ll be back on board here thursday evening,I hope it
                      goes smooth,called my lawyer and he said just bring
                      D.L. and SS card and thats it.Have not heard anything
                      from my trustee.. -I cant wait till it`s over-
                      Thank you so much for posting.... please keep us upadated!v

Comment

We retained an attorney yesterday!
                        He said we should be filed in about a month and then the 341 meeting would be 4-6 weeks after that.

Comment

Had my 341 4-1-10 in Rockford,The trustee was all business but
                          it went well.He asked me about 8 yes or no questions.It took about
                          5 minutes and he said that is all.Called my lawyer friday and he said meeting went well,no problems from trustee.I am in the 60 day club now.All I can say is get to Rockford early it is hard to find parking.The
                          only question I had to explain was how I arrived at the value of my house and my lawyer chimed in on that,no issue.I received reaffirm papers yesterday called lawer and he said just stay current on your mortage no need to sign them.Any other questions I will try to answer.Don`t fret it wasn`t all that bad.--good luck-

Comment

Just an update that we had our 341 in Joliet last week. Easy to park, $5 cash needed. Trustee spoke really fast but our attorney had told us what the questions would be. Checked our mortgage amount and house value, check our car loans and car values. Then declared there were no assets and said we were free to go. We were the 1:30 call and were in our car at 1:45. Easy.

Comment

Our lawyer said we will be filing electronically today. I'm nervous....

The secretary told me that she called the courthouse to see how far out they are scheduling the hearings.... and she told me to be available July 1 as that may be our date for the 341.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X