How to Amend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Amend

We need to amend a couple of our schedules and SOFA because we forgot a couple of things on there. How do I file an amendment? Do I just take it down to the court and pay the filing fee? Thank you.

Pretty much. Check with the clerk or the local rules, though, different districts are different, depending on which part you're amending, and some want a whole replacement for that form, some just want a version with the changes, whatever. Remember that the fee can be the same even if you're doing a few schedules, so take this chance now to fix anything else. Also, for some things, like adding a creditor, you'd also have to serve various people (at least, the creditor and the trustee, I'd guess). If you mention which form(s) and district, somebody may know for sure.

Comment

After reading a few post here I amended my Schedules to add stuff like clothes and secondhand furniture , lol , and also exempted my tax return (hopefully) and there was no charge for it. I printed a new form, filled it out, took it down to the Court house and filed them. The clerk just stamped it and made a copy for me. She said I didn't even need to redo my Summary of schedules,,

If you want to add a creditor, you do have to pay a fee of $ 26. Otherwise it's easy!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X