fico question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fico question

Why is just one of my credit cards that I chargeoff chapter 7 still reporting every month? Last update was 2/2010. Old Navy Credit Card. Is this something usual or can I contact Equifax to have them fix that, because all the other credit cards haven't reported since 09/2009. The balance was only $189 when I filed. Can I just pay that now and have them clear it off the books?
    Retained attorney 4/21/2009 Monday
    Filed Ch 7, 4/30/2009 No Asset case, Under median.
    341 Meeting 6/9/2009 - went well.
    Discharged 8/9/2009, Closed 8/11/2009

Originally posted by sadandconfus View Post
    Why is just one of my credit cards that I chargeoff chapter 7 still reporting every month? Last update was 2/2010. Old Navy Credit Card. Is this something usual or can I contact Equifax to have them fix that, because all the other credit cards haven't reported since 09/2009. The balance was only $189 when I filed. Can I just pay that now and have them clear it off the books?
    Some of these credit card companies take forever to update their books. Call them and fax them your material so the report should simply state chargeoff. Sure you can pay it off but why waste the money.

Comment

thanks.
      Retained attorney 4/21/2009 Monday
      Filed Ch 7, 4/30/2009 No Asset case, Under median.
      341 Meeting 6/9/2009 - went well.
      Discharged 8/9/2009, Closed 8/11/2009

Comment

No you do not want to update a tradeline to read "Charge off" when it has been "discharged in bankruptcy". You want all of your tradelines to read iib (included in bankruptcy) and zero balance.

If the charge off occurred prior to your FILING date, then the tradeline would contain that in the history, but if the charge off occurred as a result of your filing BK, then it would simply contain the actual history up to the FILING date. Check your reports, correct the inaccurate data.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X