Discharged!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!!!!

Whew...thank God that is over...Almost 4 months after filing and several snags along the way - IT IS OVER! Got my discharge today!
    Looking back I only wish I had done it sooner and I could have saved a year of agony along the way..but eh - it's over now.
    So now what? Should I be checking my credit to make sure all my debts discharge properly?
    Will my mortgage company finally talk to me?
    I have been wondering what to do with the house...paying on the first...if the second would now settle, I'll just stay...I suppose they will finally talk to me about this...

ANYWAY - Thank you all so much for your support along the way. You really saved me a ton of sleepless nights!

Hey Congrats! You made to the fresh start side! I was monitoring my CR before and during the bk... things mostly reported correctly, only had to send a letter to TU to get a few accounts (Cap1 they showed correctly before my discharge) to report correctly IIb and show 0 balances, I'm only out three weeks, but will keep an eye on things. Your mortgage company can talk to you now that your discharged, but don't expect them to roll out the red carpet, especially if your behind in payments. If you didn't reaffirm the mortgage during your bk, you can stay in the house rent free until the bank decides to foreclose, depending on where you live that can be over a year!
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Congratulations!
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Thank you!!!!
        I discharged about 300k of debt...all picked up over the last 6 years during the credit boom...I could have spent the next 15-20 yrs likely more after fees trying to "just pay"...which became impossible. I CANNOT belive I spent so long agonizing over the decision.
        Man society really brainwashes you into believing you are a "deadbeat" if you dont JUST PAY since - "you signed up for it".."it's the right thing to do"
        By god at some point you just have to do what you must to protect yourself and your family in the long run.
        HOLY bejesus...I AM FREE!! AT LAST!!!
        Yes I f***ed up my perfect credit...small price to pay for not being saddled with that kind of debt! That perfect credit got me into this mess! I could care less about credit...I dont even want it anymore.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SENSE OF FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Lana View Post
          Thank you!!!!
          I discharged about 300k of debt...all picked up over the last 6 years during the credit boom...I could have spent the next 15-20 yrs likely more after fees trying to "just pay"...which became impossible. I CANNOT belive I spent so long agonizing over the decision.
          Man society really brainwashes you into believing you are a "deadbeat" if you dont JUST PAY since - "you signed up for it".."it's the right thing to do"
          By god at some point you just have to do what you must to protect yourself and your family in the long run.
          HOLY bejesus...I AM FREE!! AT LAST!!!
          Yes I f***ed up my perfect credit...small price to pay for not being saddled with that kind of debt! That perfect credit got me into this mess! I could care less about credit...I dont even want it anymore.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SENSE OF FREEDOM!
          Congratulations...filing bankruptcy doesn't change who you are as a person. It's simply a business decision.

Comment

Lucky you, Waiting for my discharge

Congratulations. May your Future be full of Blessings

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X