Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341-UST-Omg ???

gotcha........hahahaha

Ok, here we go. got to the court about 7:30 am, case scheduled for 8:00 am. room opens up about 7:50 am.Looks like about 35 cases on the morning docket.

i keep watching for my attorney to show up. 8:00 am trustee calls for my attorney, and says, joe where are you, you have the first 5 cases. finally the trustee says ok, joes late, lets move on.

it almost seemed like Joe had pre-arranged for his cases to go first. He calls the first case whips through a pre-set list of questions like he's calling an Auction, 2nd case same thing.

8:05 joe shows up, looks like hes not feeling well. he sees me and comes over and whispers that he has been sick for 2 weeks (we have had a bad Virus running through Ca. I was down 4 days last week myself). So the trustee see's joe, and he call's Joes first case-blows through it, then his 2nd-blows through it. next he calls me and the wife.

We hand over our DL's and SS cards, swears us in.

trustee asks us the following questions :

1. have you read all the papers you signed. yes

2. Have you disclosed all your assets, yes

3. how did you arrive at the value of your home. me. zillow, and recent comparable sales

4. I see you have exempted several vehicles, etc. etc., yes

5. In regards to your weekend warrior trailer, how did you arrive at the value of $17,500 ?? Me, NADA book value. Joe NADA book value adjusted for market value. trustee, yeah, no one wants those things right now, the market is flooded with them.

6. have you transfered any property in the last 4 years ?? joe buts in, says to me, dont answer that question, the requirement is 2 years. the trustee looks at joe and says, i'm looking back 4 years. (now this caught me by surprise, and joe as well as I did have transfers beyond 2 years, so i had to think a bit, so i said 1 small trailer, a motorcycle & a truck) . trustee-thank you (BTW- the trustee was asking the 4 year transfer look-back from all the filers not just me, so i dont know if that is something new ??.

7. Any prior BK's. me. No.

8.trustee (to my wife who had been silent the whole time), do you agree with everything your husband has stated. Her, yes. trustee-thank you, you may go.

out of there by 8:15 am, went with the wife and had a nice breakfast.

they were herding as through like cattle, and i was surprised the trustee did not ask if any creditors were present for any of the cases.

alright, I'm in the 60 day club.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Very glad everything went smooth for you! Only hope mine will go as such. Congrats on a new beginning!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the 60 day club!
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I didn't have a bad 341 either, but a week later I got a notice from UST saying I'm being audited. Prolly cuz of high (>200K) debt and being over median on Ch7, BUT I think I have everything kosher just got to get all this stuff (bank statements, cancelled checks etc) over there and sweat it out

Comment

Congrats and Welcome to the 60 Day Club!!! I have been sitting low waiting and today is the last day for Objections. My friend filed about 3 weeks before I did, and though her 60 days were up on 2/16, she didn't get discharged until 3/3.....So, if the time is running the same for me, I guess I will still have about 2 more weeks before I can get my Hamsters, hopefully....
          Filed Ch7: December 02, 2009
          341 Meeting: January 06, 2010

Comment

Congratulations!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I freaked when I saw the title on this thread!! LOL!

Glad things turned out so well!
              Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
              341 June 1st, 2010
              Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
              Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Glad you made it, Albacore.
                Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                  Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                  Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
                  Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
                  Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                    gotcha........hahahaha

Ok, here we go. got to the court about 7:30 am, case scheduled for 8:00 am. room opens up about 7:50 am.Looks like about 35 cases on the morning docket.

i keep watching for my attorney to show up. 8:00 am trustee calls for my attorney, and says, joe where are you, you have the first 5 cases. finally the trustee says ok, joes late, lets move on.

it almost seemed like Joe had pre-arranged for his cases to go first. He calls the first case whips through a pre-set list of questions like he's calling an Auction, 2nd case same thing.

8:05 joe shows up, looks like hes not feeling well. he sees me and comes over and whispers that he has been sick for 2 weeks (we have had a bad Virus running through Ca. I was down 4 days last week myself). So the trustee see's joe, and he call's Joes first case-blows through it, then his 2nd-blows through it. next he calls me and the wife.

We hand over our DL's and SS cards, swears us in.

trustee asks us the following questions :

1. have you read all the papers you signed. yes

2. Have you disclosed all your assets, yes

3. how did you arrive at the value of your home. me. zillow, and recent comparable sales

4. I see you have exempted several vehicles, etc. etc., yes

5. In regards to your weekend warrior trailer, how did you arrive at the value of $17,500 ?? Me, NADA book value. Joe NADA book value adjusted for market value. trustee, yeah, no one wants those things right now, the market is flooded with them.

6. have you transfered any property in the last 4 years ?? joe buts in, says to me, dont answer that question, the requirement is 2 years. the trustee looks at joe and says, i'm looking back 4 years. (now this caught me by surprise, and joe as well as I did have transfers beyond 2 years, so i had to think a bit, so i said 1 small trailer, a motorcycle & a truck) . trustee-thank you (BTW- the trustee was asking the 4 year transfer look-back from all the filers not just me, so i dont know if that is something new ??.

7. Any prior BK's. me. No.

8.trustee (to my wife who had been silent the whole time), do you agree with everything your husband has stated. Her, yes. trustee-thank you, you may go.

out of there by 8:15 am, went with the wife and had a nice breakfast.

they were herding as through like cattle, and i was surprised the trustee did not ask if any creditors were present for any of the cases.

alright, I'm in the 60 day club.
                    Wow, Congratulations. Mine was reschedule for next week. So far UST ask for my back pay, VA pension, mortgage statement and car loan. All of them was sent to UST and trustee. Hopefully, mine will go smoothly like yours. BTW, who is your trustee? You can PM for the info. Did they ask for your 2009 tax return? Thanks.
                    File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                    Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                    Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                    Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Congrats!
                      attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                      no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                      341, 05/10/2010
                      discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Congratulations Man! Good to hear.
                        This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                        Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

Congrats.....

Comment

What would be included in 4 year look back on property transfers? For instance if you sold a home 3.5 years ago would you have to account for the profits?
                            $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
                            Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
                            Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

Congrats, I hear every day about the worries of the 341 meeting. Many attorneys scare clients into hiring them based on the 341 meeting, when in actuality they could have filed pro se. If you don't have a lot of property to protect it is worth looking into a pro se filing and save yourself $1500.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X