Affect of help from family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadbutinneed View Post
    Ok, so our attorney tonight had the schedule J completed for us, based on some basic budget numbers we gave her, and did not bat an eye at "help from relatives if that help was them buying clothes, etc on their own for our kids". She is suggesting to reaffirm the first mortgage and two cars. Our first mortgage has some equity so she thinks it best to reaffirm so that we can get the benefit of reporting timely payments.

Our schedule J shows a positive monthly amount of about $50. even with the possibility of a raise in April, she believes this is the best course of action for the trustees in our area, that if we are too far negative they won't allow any reaffirmations and we could lose the cars (which she says won't really allow ride through).

I am hoping that as comfortable as we feel with her means that she's just really good and really been there, because she makes our situation sound really simple even though to me there seems to be so many moving parts!

we're filing tomorrow, the anxiety for the 341 begins!
    Good for you sadbutinneed. What did your attorney do with the expense categories that you haven't been able to take care of? Did your attorney say anything about how he/she fills in those categories when nothing has been going toward those categories in your budget?

Your situation sounds a lot like ours. Our attorney is suggesting we reaffirm our mortgage and two cars. We also have some equity. Our mortgage payment is $678 including tax and insurance so it wouldn't make sense for us to surrender our home then try to stuff our family into an apartment that would cost us more monthly in rent.

By the by MIL showed up today with a few bags of stuff from a resale shop. She bought my daughter a jacket for 50 cents that still has the original price tags on it. $119!!! Some Jones of New York brand. This woman can shop, lol!

Wishing you luck on your filing and let us know how your 341 goes!
    Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
    341 June 1st, 2010
    Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X