top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 complete, all that stress for 45 seconds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 complete, all that stress for 45 seconds?

Holy cow! 341, downtown L.A. We left REALLY early because you never know with L.A. traffic. Got there 1.5 hrs early.

They were running late, really late. The first cases were making the trustee angry, almost a little aggressive. I started getting anxiety and sweaty palms.

Fast fwd, it's now 1 hr after our time slot (so we're now at 2.5 hrs - ugh). We finally get our chance, and it was yes yes yes yes no no yes "you're done" huh? 3 hr wait and we're done in 45 seconds.

Now we try to get out of the parking lot. $29!! One of those evil automated thingies. I refused to pay that "hey I'm bankrupt!" I remembered they'd validate if you bought a coffee, so we went back in, $4 to starbucks and that brought our parking down to $7.50.

I'm so glad that is over.

So now, will someone tell me - is there a Pacer tutorial? or a how-to on here? How soon do we start checking? 1 month?
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

I think there's a Pacer tutorial on Pacer, maybe.

Congrats!
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by weRN2deep View Post
      Holy cow! 341, downtown L.A. We left REALLY early because you never know with L.A. traffic. Got there 1.5 hrs early.

They were running late, really late. The first cases were making the trustee angry, almost a little aggressive. I started getting anxiety and sweaty palms.

Fast fwd, it's now 1 hr after our time slot (so we're now at 2.5 hrs - ugh). We finally get our chance, and it was yes yes yes yes no no yes "you're done" huh? 3 hr wait and we're done in 45 seconds. LOL. Yes we who have been there attempt to say this. If nothing to hide, no prob.

Now we try to get out of the parking lot. $29!! One of those evil automated thingies. I refused to pay that "hey I'm bankrupt!" I remembered they'd validate if you bought a coffee, so we went back in, $4 to starbucks and that brought our parking down to $7.50. Cool. You are on your way already to that "new start". Good thinking.

I'm so glad that is over. We all were at our time.

So now, will someone tell me - is there a Pacer tutorial? or a how-to on here? How soon do we start checking? 1 month? Any time is good. Remember, .08 cents a page so save, rename for look back.

Proud of you. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

HA! I agree, you get all worked up over your pending 341 and NOTHING, UNeventful!! Now the stress of waiting... checking Pacer everyday....

Welcome to the 60 day club!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

love the starbucks thing. i don't think it's very good business for them, i wonder why they do it. they lost $16 just on you. i thought they were in the business of making money.

anyway, i hope that coffee was good! i would have gone for something less expensive...
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            love the starbucks thing. i don't think it's very good business for them, i wonder why they do it. they lost $16 just on you. i thought they were in the business of making money.

anyway, i hope that coffee was good! i would have gone for something less expensive...
            I think it is great for this particular Starbucks, there were 5 people in there buying stuff at 5:30 pm that wouldn't have had they not gotten stuck with 30 dollar parking. How did they lose $16 on us?

And we didn't get coffee we spread our 4 dollars over a large bottled water and stuffed croissant because we were hungry and very thirsty, plus had at least a 2 hr drive home in rush hour.
            Stopped paying CCs 6/09
            Filed 1/10
            341 = 3/10
            6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

ah, then it was $$ well spent!

i said they lost $16 because they got $4 but presumably had to cover your parking which got reduced from 29 to 7.50, that is they had to pay 21.50 for your parking, so ok, my math was only approximate, i should have said they lost 21.50-4=17.50.

but as i am writing this, i guess they have some agreement with the parking lot that they don't actually pay the difference but rather share with the parking lot in the profit from your 7.50 (parking) + 4 (starbucks).
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

45 seconds..... That's wonderful. Congrates.
                This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

Oh ok music, I get it! duh. It was early am when I wrote that.

I don't think they have to pay - at least I didn't get that impression... I can't imagine they'd agree to pay the full parking because I even found this info on a local atty's website "go to starbucks" so it must be a very common occurrence. They'd go broke! lol Especially in Calif with our massive bankruptcies!
                  Stopped paying CCs 6/09
                  Filed 1/10
                  341 = 3/10
                  6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X