Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Bank

Hello,
    I have a question about Chase Bank. I got a text this morning saying my account was overdrawn. In December I filed a dispute and I received a letter in January the dispute was in my favor. The dispute was 1000.00 and it was an error purchase from my bank account. I filed chapter 7 January 21, 2010. Since they reversed the dispute can I amend my bankruptcy to include the 1000.00?

yes! the date of the $1000 is before December, even if they decided only now that you owed it. since it's from before you filed, this debt is included in bk. ask your lawyer whether you need to amend (i think if chase was already in your creditor's matrix for another reason, you may not need to amend).
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Could they enter you into Chex Systems for not paying it? I don't know, but it seems worth considering if you're already "clear" with Chex Systems at present.

Comment

they can NOT! you filed bk on it and they cannot do any collection activity, which includes reporting to chexsystems (just your post shows what an effective collection tactic it would be). you just have to make sure they are aware of your bk.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

That's wonderful -- I'd hoped that might be the case!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X