Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$229 DMI vs adding in-laws

Hello everyone.

I have a question and hoping you can help me. My lawyer estimates that we have about -$220 DMI, we're about 30K over the median. Are we safe for Chapter or being pushed to Chapter 13?

Another option is, to include my parents in the household. They're recent immigrants(June2009) and we claimed them as dependents in 2009. What are yourthoughts about this option? Our lawyer seems to think that this might post a question from the trustee, although they legitimately our dependents, no income, no assets.I'm in Eastern Dist. Ca.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by catch22; 03-12-2010, 01:41 AM. Reason: incorrect dmi

My attorney used the dependents I claimed on the Federal income tax return. If your attorney won't agree to use your parents, you may have to look for another attorney. A DMI over $200 is Chapter 13 territory. Good luck!

On second look, your title says "$229 DMI" but later you have "-$220 DMI", so if you're negative, you aren't in Chapter 13 territory, but if you're positive $229 then your are.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Sorry for my typo I am -$229.

Thank you for your response...

Comment

as long as the live with you on the same roof, and does not contribute to the household on a regular basis, they are a part of the household.
        This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

We are including my mother as a part of our household. She moved in with us in January and has no income - we support her 100%.
          Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
          Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
          Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
          Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X