top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont have proof that I spent 400. on car repairs from my tax return. PROBLEM????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have proof that I spent 400. on car repairs from my tax return. PROBLEM????

I used a shadetree guy to do work on my car, and have no proof cuz he wanted cash only. it is 400. dollars worth of work and parts. Is that going to be an issue with the trustee?
    I also repaired my AC with a guy who is licenced but does the work on the side. He also wanted cash... but I have a receipt hand written tho. But have his number name and address.
    I am just worried, I dont want any issues. And the money came from our tax return.

sufferingAZ:
    Honestly, I don't think there will be any problems. I don't know if the trustee's in AZ require actual proof, but unless the repair cost is higher than usual for that type of repair, a simple written and signed statement by you should suffice. I haven't had a trustee ask me for accounting for a $1k tax return, but I expect them to ask about a $5k tax return. In fact I'm preparing for that now for a case I'm filing on Monday :-)

--William
    I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
    As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X