Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable

That is wild. We have thrown two offers for cc in the trash, one from Capitol One. Were not even discharged?! I was tempted to fill it out just to see if they would give me credit too.
    Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
    341 March 18
    Discharged...May 18
    Awaiting closing...

Comment

Congrats on the good news. Amazing that everything is accurate, that never seems to happen. You may wish to cease from applying for other similar credit as you did with Crap One because that inquiry in and of itself will have dropped your score by itself. Furute inquiries will do the same. Usually those inquiries only drop you a few points but to a newly discharged person from Ch 7, hard to say what it might do. I just wouldn't do any more if I were you, especially since you really don't want the credit anyway.

If it were me I would accept the card, bury it in the sock drawer... or better yet use a few times each month for incidentals and make sure you pay it off in full each month. However, if that is a threat to your security then you make the right move. It never hurts to have a cc in the event you need to travel or rent a car or other similar transactions. But I guess that isn't the point of this post anyway. Congrats again on the super score. It would be great to understand why, eh. Did you by chance reaffirm some cars or other debt that timely previous payments may have carried over to your current score.? (just guessing here).

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
        Congrats again on the super score. It would be great to understand why, eh. Did you by chance reaffirm some cars or other debt that timely previous payments may have carried over to your current score.? (just guessing here).
        No...ours was a simple no assets case...below median income. Our home and old cars are all paid for and were exempt. Iowa has 100% homestead exemption. We just had cards to discharge. We have nothing that we are making payments on. As I said, unbelievable. My wife's score is 675.

Comment

Congrats on finding out you would not have to work to get your reports corrected - but if it was not a FICO score then the score itself isn't really worth much... Many sites/companies sell credit reports and use their own internal scoring system. Unless a lender uses that scoring system to make credit decisions, then it has limited value.
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
            Congrats on finding out you would not have to work to get your reports corrected - but if it was not a FICO score then the score itself isn't really worth much... Many sites/companies sell credit reports and use their own internal scoring system. Unless a lender uses that scoring system to make credit decisions, then it has limited value.
            +1

The only place to get your REAL score is www.myfico.com

FAKO scores can be up to a hundred or more +/- from your real score.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X