Different DMI numbers on means & schedule J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different DMI numbers on means & schedule J

I remember reading on the forum somewhere that if there was a difference between the DMI on the means test and schedule J, then there could be a problem.

Our schedule J DMI is $94 and some change I think. The DMI on the means test is -$200 and some change.

The difference is there I think b/c on the means test, we're able to include the car payments that we are letting go and on schedule J, those payments aren't included.

I wish I could just rest about all this. I know stressing and worrying isn't going to change anything, but I feel like I need more than 1 person (the attorney) to tell me everything is okay!

Sorry I keep asking so many questions for reassurance
    Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
    Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
    Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
    Discharged 06/23/10

Mine were different too. Means test showed about -300 and Schedule J showed +55. The numbers aren't going to match since the means test takes IRS standard deductions for things (and is a 6 month look back on income) and the Schedule J numbers should be based more on reality (and should be more forward looking). Ours showing slightly positive b/c we are interested in reaffirming cars so our attorney said that's easier to do when you have a little positive on the Schedule J.

Comment

Coolmom, if anything I think the 2 figures show that you're making the right choice to let the cars go. (Assuming you can do without them.)
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X