Am I in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in trouble?

Ok, so, we were discharged 1-12-10. TT had tax refund sent directly to her. We sent our tax returns separately. When we filed our bk, I informed our attorney that back in May, we took out a hardship withdrawal from my husbands 401K, but that the money, which was going to allow me to go take college classes, ended up being used for bills. My attorney told me that we didn't have to report it. We used all the money, and it was all accounted for on our bank statements, etc...it was never brought up at our 341 and I never thought anything of it. The amount we received was $3400. When I filed our taxes, we had to pay our penalties, etc...and to make a long story short, it is obviously on our tax returns and I am wondering if the TT is going to be pissed off that we didn't mention it. We are still WAAAAYYYY under the median income for a family of 5 in our state and my attorney told me that the TT has been treating our case differently than other cases she has worked on with her. These past almost 6 months since we filed have been so stressful and I just want all of this over with. I am sure I am overthinking, but I am just one of those people that worry over everything. Do you think I am in trouble?

I don't see how you could have trouble with something you did before you filed.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I can only assume that you filed around 11/12 from your discharge date. Was the 401k withdrawel within 6 month of filing date? it looks pretty close. The only thing I can think *might* happen is that amount has to be exempted, and if you can't you might owe the trustee something. I'll let the more knowlegable posters correct me if im wrong. But from the info in your post, being way under the median, I wouldn't worry about it.
      Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
      341 March 18
      Discharged...May 18
      Awaiting closing...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X