couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple questions

1. We just sent in a stack of docs to the trustee. He wanted 3 months of bank statemental including day of filing info, car titles, and registrations, 401k statements and tax returns for 2 years. All were mailed this week, and should be in his posession now. If he needs is to bring receipts or anything to the meeting, will he let us know, or should we bring a folder of stuff with us? Will he ask us, or our lawyer to clarify anything, before the meeting. The meeting is in 10 days.

2. I see all over the boards about 60 discharge. I always thought it was 90 days after the trustee meeting for discharge. Is it really 60, or does it depend on where you live? We are in az if that makes a difference.
    Also, is there a standard amount of time from discharge to case closed?

We will be forclosing on our home, after the bankruptcy, and have not paid since November. We are trying to figure out how long we can expect to be kicked out, based off of when the bankruptcy is done.

Thanks
    Melissa
    Ch 7 Filed 2-22
    Discharged 6/2010

I can respond to part of question 2. Lately, it seems to depend on how backed up the courts area. In Los Angeles, it can take up to 6 months to be discharged there are so many BKs. In the county south of LA, it can take up to 4 months after 341 to be discharged. That's assuming all goes well with the 341. Some get discharged quicker than others, but there are been newspaper articles about how backed up they are.

Comment

Thanks. I am so ready for this to be done, even though we just started. I hope it is closer to 60 days, than 90 days or longer!
      Melissa
      Ch 7 Filed 2-22
      Discharged 6/2010

Comment

The standard is for the 341 to be about 30 days after filing, and the discharge to come about 60 days later. (So discharge would be about 90 days after filing.) Heavy case loads can make it take longer.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

My Trustee requested documents prior to the 341. I brought a few items with me and they proved unnecessary. You may want to bring a folder if you want your own reference items.

The 60 days following the 341 are significant in that this represents the timeframe for objections to discharge. If there are no objections, you will likely receive your official discharge shortly thereafter. Some districts have experienced delays and some filers become "lost in the shuffle". Regardless, the 60 days for objections sticks. Delays between discharge and closing appear to commonly occur. If you're a no asset case, the discharge is your goal (closing is administrative).
          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

The 60 day thing comes from that many common kinds of objection have to be filed by 60 days after the 341. So, after that, for the most part you can relax a bit more even if the discharge hasn't yet come. (If you check the deadlines for your case on PACER, you should see one for this 60 day mark.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X