Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

receipts after filing or before?

Hi,

I was wondering what time frame you need reciepts to prove the various expenses you have.

Do you need to have them before filing? what if you did not know you were going to file?

Or is it the waiting period between filing and the 341: is that the period that you need to have the reciepts for?

thanks,

MMP

I'm not saving receipts. I think the only reason I would was if I needed to spend my income tax refund on necessities, then I would save them as proof.
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

MoneyPenny, I think you're in the same district as me -- Eastern District of CA? If so, you shouldn't need receipts to prove your regular expenses. You'll only need receipts if you're spending down a tax refund or other cash on hand...
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I kept receipts for more expensive items, like the transmission in my truck and a new refrigerator. I had gotten a letter from the Trustee before my 341 saying to bring receipts for "extraordinary expenses". At my 341, they did ask about anything I had paid over $400. in the past year, so I told them everything, but then the receipts were never asked for.

Comment

i am still wondering about the time frame for reciepts, are you supposed to save them in the time between filing and the 341, or before, or both? (assuming you need reciepts)

i am in eastern district, ca
          that's great if i dont need reciepts but i guess i have to wait for the lawyer to confirm that. i do have some non-typical expenses related to my job.

Comment

I am not saving any receipts, unless I would have a major purchase. So there is no specific time period that you need save your receipts. Unless your lawyer/trustee would tell you differently and then I would imagine they can only expect it from when they tell you moving forward, not for a time in the past.

Comment

Before filing.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X