Both in Debt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both in Debt!

I live in Ohio...my ex moved in with me because of my long term layoff and her small SS check...we both are in debt..thinkin of filing BK...not sure what chapter...house in my name and so is 2cd mortgage...(I think underwater)...have excessive CC debt from living off CCards...and so does she...My question is...even though she is an ex wife...can we both file together or do we have to file separate???...or do I have to Marry her again!!!!!!!!!!...OMG...please answer my question

Originally posted by ohiohunter8 View Post
    I live in Ohio...my ex moved in with me because of my long term layoff and her small SS check...we both are in debt..thinkin of filing BK...not sure what chapter...house in my name and so is 2cd mortgage...(I think underwater)...have excessive CC debt from living off CCards...and so does she...My question is...even though she is an ex wife...can we both file together or do we have to file separate???...or do I have to Marry her again!!!!!!!!!!...OMG...please answer my question
    Since you are divorced you can't file "married filing jointly", at least as far as I know.

Talk to an attorney in your area, both you and your ex wife. Good luck to you.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

If you are anywhere near NE Ohio I can recommend an awesome attorney. Send me a PM if you're interested.
      attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
      no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
      341, 05/10/2010
      discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

It's best to talk to an attorney (go for free consultation), you definitely can't file married filing joint because you are separated...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X