Driver's License help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's License help!

I am filing for Chapter 7 at the end of this week, but my current driver's license is from another state. I am a graduate student and have been living in Oregon for 3 years, but never got my driver's license changed from Illinois. Will they accept my IL license? I'm not sure I have time to get an OR license before my 341.

If you are just now filing, you will have about 30 days until your 341 in most districts. Go get your license straightened out, it should only take you a few minutes.

Most states require you to change your license within 30 days of residency so you need to get this done anyhow.

Best of luck to you.

P.S. Years ago I got caught living/driving in CA with a MI license. Although it wasn't a serious issue, it was one that was not worth dealing with. I wish I would have just done it, and not had to deal with it at all.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Have you established residency in Oregon?

If so, you are required to obtain Oregon car registration and an Oregon driver's license. If you are not an Oregon resident you would need to file your BK in your state of residency.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/driverid/residency.shtml

IF you have a non-expired out-of-state license, you only need to take the written exam (20 questions on a computer screen) and a vision test at the DMV. The entire process should not take over a couple hours, and you will walk out with a new OR license.
      Don't forget to bring a certified copy of your birth certificate or US passport to prove your age and citizenship.
      Last edited by WhatMoney; 03-22-2010, 12:24 PM.
      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X