top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get advice about my expenses, what am I missing or have too much of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get advice about my expenses, what am I missing or have too much of?

Our lawyer wants a list of what we spend. We don't have a normal rent and utilities yet because we are staying with the in-laws. What am I missing or do I have too much $$ in. We are a family of 5. I appreciate any input. Thanks

450 Tithe
    500 Rent(contribution)
    83 Car Insurance
    125 for two cell phones
    20 Gym Dues
    48 Weight Watchers
    360 Gas two cars
    40 Toll
    50 Car Maintenance
    80 Cigs
    100 Dog Food, Supplies, Vet visit broken down into monthly
    600 Groceries
    100 Toiletries
    45 Co pays
    200 Clothing
    100 Recreation
    100 Gifts broken down to monthly for all holidays and special occasions.

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
    Our lawyer wants a list of what we spend. We don't have a normal rent and utilities yet because we are staying with the in-laws. What am I missing or do I have too much $$ in. We are a family of 5. I appreciate any input. Thanks

450 Tithe
    500 Rent(contribution)
    83 Car Insurance
    125 for two cell phones
    20 Gym Dues
    48 Weight Watchers
    360 Gas two cars
    40 Toll
    50 Car Maintenance
    80 Cigs
    100 Dog Food, Supplies, Vet visit broken down into monthly
    600 Groceries
    100 Toiletries
    45 Co pays
    200 Clothing
    100 Recreation
    100 Gifts broken down to monthly for all holidays and special occasions.
    You will have to have a documented history of tithing going back several years, and still some districts will not allow it as an expense, especially since that is a large tithing expense (its as much as your rent). The tithe will raise a red flag with the US Trustee.

You can include insurance and dues expenses like health insurance, etc.. I don't see that listed.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Really about the tithe? It is exactly 10% of our gross income, and we have all the canceled checks from the year. When we met with our lawyer and told her what we tithed a month she wrote it down and didn't bat an eye at it. I did forget to add in our health insurance which is 335 for a month. We have a ton of stuff coming up like eye exams and major car maintenance that we have to add. I guess I would have to break those down to a monthly figure??? I forgot to mention that our rent isn't really "RENT", we live with our in-laws and contribute 500.

Comment

A lot of US trustees look at tithing as a red flag if it is in an amount that could fund at chap 13. It only takes $150-180 a month of disposable income to fund a chap 13. In most districts, tithing requires a long documented history going back several years. The tithing is allowable up to 15% of income, but it will make the US Trustee look much more closely at your expenses, especially if you are close to the median income.

If your tithing is enough to fund a chapter 13, and you would end up in a chapter 13 without the tithing, then the US attorney will try to go for a chapter 7 dismissal under totality of circumstances or some other clause. The fact that you are paying as much for tithing as for your share of rent will raise a very large red flag with the US Trustee.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

So what about when we get into a real rental around next month or so. We then will be paying 1100 or so for rent, will the tithe then be a red flag? How do my other expenses look? Does one area look too much or not enough?

Comment

My lawyer says they can argue that once you move out your rent will be much higher than current situation and you will or may have additional expenses. At least for my case. We're not including help with rent especially since my parents doesn't have any rent payments. Although in my case it is a temporary situation.
            Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Your atty should recommend the amount to claim for expected rent/utilities, based on state/county of residence and family size.

There is nothing 'wrong' with your tithe since you can document it w/ canceled checks. It is likely to make the UST look over your case very carefully however, for any areas they can go after.
              Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
              (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X